Menu

Connecting the V3A-4K mag reader to a DB15

2010-01-13
2013-04-17
  • lawson moore

lawson moore - 2010-01-13

According to stripe snoop i need to connect 4 pins to the from the DB15 game port to the V3A-4K mag. But I am getting a little confused as to which wires goes where. The DB15 game port diagram says to use PIN1. +5V::: PIN2. Data::: PIN4 GND::: PIN7. Clock::: But my V3A-4K mag reader data sheet lists PIN1. 0V::: PIN2. +5VDC::: PIN3. CSV/current save::: PIN4. CLS/Card load::: PIN5. RCP/read clock::: PIN6. RDP/read data:::

On the V3A-4K mag reader data sheet I think i need to ignore PIN4. CLS/Card load::: and PIN3. CSV/current save::: is that right?

Then does that make V3A-4K mag reader PIN1. 0V::: the GRD/ground I am looking for to hook to the DB15?

• ace223

ace223 - 2010-02-04

Hi 
        Why is it so hard to get any support for SS?

Due to the fact I'm new to all this maybe I'm way over my head on this one but it seemed to be so cut and dry.
       Your post was the latest so I thought I would contact you in hope that you or anyone could help me somehow.  I would be so grateful for any help.

I'm also confused with the same problem as you the only differences is that I'm using the V3B-4k which is the same as the V3A-4K The only differences is color to my understanding.

I'm using Windows XP pro.  And connected the DB-15 connector to my Sound Blaster card is this OK?

I also downloaded and installed  SS - 1.6 - ALPHA

When I click on the SS icon All I get is ( Waiting for Card ) ? So I swip cards and nothing happens don't know what I'm doing wrong or what is missing. It seem like My V3B-4k card reader and DB-15 conector are not working as one with sound Blaster game port and SS - 1.6 - ALPHA program?

I need someone that would please take a little time and walk me through this prosses.

My e-mail Address is fmsco223@cs.com

Thank you you for your time and understanding.

ace223