Menu

Readers giving me fits...

lyos
2005-05-25
2013-04-17
  • lyos

lyos - 2005-05-25

Hey ya'll... over the past year I have managed to accumulate a ton of readers of many sorts. I currently own:
    *Mendelson's =Mendelson's Liquidation Outlet in Dayton, Ohio

8 MagTek, 2-track, serial readers, from Mendelson's
    10 Magtek, single track, TTL readers, from All  Electronics
    4 magtek, 21045001, single track, ttl readers, from Mendelson's
    1 magtek, 2-track, TTL reader, from Mendelson's
    3 magtek, 2 track, 2 w/DE-9 cable, 1 w/RJ45 cable, TTL readers, from Mendelson's
    --Reader's below this line are the problem readers--
    1 Sankyo, single track, ttl reader, MCM11-1R, from Mendelson's
    2 DieBold, Single track, ttl?, serial?, from Mendelson's
    1 single track interface unknown, chipset: SN15836N and MC1458... IC attached with note listing wire colors and pin number... also attached to the note is an IC "5923" (top), "7295"(bottom).
    1, 2 track, insert reader (non mechanical), ttl, chipset: 508761-001, and 508734-002

The ones listed as problem readers are the ones I have no info for. Any info ya'll have would be apprieciated.
    Lyos Gemini Norezel
    P.S.- Will post more later.

• lyos

lyos - 2005-05-26

The readers I've listed above are all of my Credit Card readers. The one's I listed as problem readers... not only do I not have any info on them... I can't turn up anything on google. So any info ya'll have or can find would be much appreiciated.
      Anyway... on to the rest of my readers:
      3 Checkmate Electronics, INC, check readers, interface unknown... 2 have a round 8 pin connector shaped a bit like a PS/2 port... the other one has a 6pin RJ12 cord attached (Serial?, TTL?)
      and the last of my readers:
      2 RECTEK barcode readers... interface unknown...
      chipset: 4x CA3140(O?)E... the laser diode intriques me... it has seven connect points... but only four of those are actually connected to anything.

I would love to be able to rig up a common interface to read all these devices if possible... but even more I would love to just be able to read all these devices. Any help/info on these reads would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks
      Lyos Gemini Norezel