Acidus - 2004-10-27

Folks,

Lots of people tell me they aren't programmers, but want to help. Just so you know here my basic plan for how I run Stripe Snoop:

1- Write quality code supporting all the hardware I can afford or is donated to me.
2- Use all possible resources to get the word out about SS (Slashdot, Freshmeat, O'Reilly articles, hacker cons, etc)
3- Use fame/recognition generated by 2 to get access to more hardware from manufactures (hopefully donated), and repeat.

So the best ways to help the project are:

1- Promote the Project! This is the easiest and best way to help the project. The more people that know about it, the better known it becomes, and getting companies to divulge technical information becomes easier. If you have Stripe Snoop, use it in public! If you are a student set up a table one day and let people swipe their own cards! Show people something cool and they will want to know more. LUG meetings, security cons, etc makes *excellent* places.

2- Use the tracker feature of SF to help me track down bugs and propose new features. This helps me write better code with more features. Anyone with a SF account can use the tracker, or simply email me with your suggestions.

3- Send me all technical information about readers you have that aren't supported, and consider donating any extras or older readers you have

4- Patches! Make sure you are working on the latest version of the CVS tree. Patches are accepted and included, and your name will go down as contributing.

Thanks for the Interest