Menu

Donations now accepted!

Acidus
2005-04-05
2013-04-17
  • Acidus

Acidus - 2005-04-05

Folks,

Running Stripe Snoop is a blast. While I do volunteer my time for free, and Source Forge supplies free space and bandwidth, Stripe Snoop has some real and tangible costs.

Readers, wires, chips, parts, long distance phone calls to German Magstripe manufacturers, and the like do add up and comes straight out of my pocket.

Thus I have enabled donations for the Stripe Snoop Project. As it says under the donation page, I will use any/all donations to buy new equipment for Stripe Snoop and to fund research for new interfaces and equipment for Stripe Snoop. Only when these these areas are covered will I use *any* donations for personal use.

Please support the future development of Stripe Snoop, so it can support things like USB readers, POS keyboards, and even card writters!

• Charles Sullivan

The designee of the donations via the PayPal button on the StripeSnoop page is listed only as OSDN/VA Linux on the final page.  Will these in fact make it to you?

• Acidus

Acidus - 2005-04-11

OSDN/Va Linux is who controls Source Forge. Source Forge gets a 5% cut of any donations (min $1), which makes sense as their resources allows Stripe Snoop to exist.

Do keep in mind that donations are not tax deducable.

Thanks for look into donationing Charles

• Charles Sullivan

Done!!!   Playing with StripeSnoop has been great fun and keeps me out of the bars.  So why not kick the price of a few beers into the pot!  Thanks for all your work on this project.