Menu

api calls?

MadmaN101
2005-04-02
2013-04-17
  • MadmaN101

MadmaN101 - 2005-04-02

Acidus, have you created a .dll to send api calls to?  Just wondering cause a programmer could incorperate your .dll in their card reader software if they ever decide to create on.

I'm not much of a programmer anymore i just create websites using php and a databese.  I would love to get back into the game of programming.

• Acidus

Acidus - 2005-04-03

I was hired as a consultant to port SS for a company, and to make it into a Library. The company was making Point of sale devuices (read cash registers) that ran Linux. Thus I defined an API and their app links in a library and makes API calls on it. I was to release that code under the LGPL.

So to answer you question, yes, a library version of Stripe Snoop *does* exist. It is for Linux, and is called Stripe Snoop embedded. I am not planning on releasing this library (for Linux or as a DLL for Windows) to the public in the near future.

• MadmaN101

MadmaN101 - 2005-04-03

Hey, thanks for the reply.  Alright no problem :-)

I used to program in visual basic and now after a few years of break from programming i want to start again.  I would like to learn another programming language which is more powerful then VB.  What language should I pick up?  Maybe C++?

• riscphree

riscphree - 2005-04-03

i would definately look at c++. but, it all depends on what you actually want to do with it.

• MadmaN101

MadmaN101 - 2005-04-03

I mostly program a lot of database stuff.  I want to put together a program for a custom car audio system ran in linux.  I'm probably going way over my head but I need to start somewhere and learn some how.

• Chris

Chris - 2005-04-04

C++ is the way to go...very powerfull

• Acidus

Acidus - 2005-04-05

I agree, C++ is the way to go. Honestly, the way I learn a language is I pick a project and try to do it in that language. Before Stripe Snoop I had mainly do straight C as opposed to fully OO C++. Sometimes doing a project simply to learn something is good too!

Check out Most Significant Bit Labs (www.msblabs.org). I am slowly building a good reference section. I have a really good guide on C right now, as well as another guide on writing client/servers in C (not has hard as you might think). There are a few C projects of mine up there as well for people to use as an example.

Should be a good place to start. Good luck