From: Phil Zoio <philzoio@re...> - 2006-05-20 20:39:50
I'm pleased to announce the release of Strecks-1.0 beta 2 (see
Strecks is a set of extensions to Struts which leverage the power of
Java 5 specific features to allow for more productive, streamlined
Struts application development. Strecks is built on the Struts latest
general availability code base (1.2.9), allowing for full backward
compatibility with existing applications.
The current release brings a number of feature enhancements, including
action-specitic interceptors, additional built-in validators, and
additional support for Spring in the form of seamless integration with
Spring MVC's view rendering mechanism.
The following features have been added in this release:
- action-specific interceptors, parameterisable using Java 5 generics,
using the @BeforeInterceptors and @AfterInterceptors
- added URL, credit card, email and pattern validators, backed by
Commons Validator implementations
- added support for rendering Spring MVC views, either directly or
through view resolvers, using the @SpringView annotation
- implicit implicit controllers, allowing default controllers to be
associated with known action bean interfaces
- added MessageResourcesHelper dependency injector, making it easier to
work programmatically with MessageResources in the action bean class
Strecks-1.0 beta 2 can be downloaded from
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.