Windows 7 and Streamripper for Winamp

N Franklin
2012-08-16
2013-05-09
  • N Franklin

N Franklin - 2012-08-16

Does Streamripper work with windows 7 64bit?

• Craig

Craig - 2012-08-25

Yes it does mate, just put it on my win7 64bit system, works perfect!

• Akbear

Akbear - 2012-08-27

Windows 7 x32 with Winamp 2.9 as well as Winamp 5.63 Lite. CPU USAGE 100% when Winamp WIndow is moved around. WHY HASN'T ANYONE FIXED THIS?!

• VitaminJ

VitaminJ - 2012-12-09

@ocdamp, how can you be sure it's Streamripper? Does removing the plugin fix the 100% CPU problem?

• Akbear

Akbear - 2012-12-09

@jaygoldberg - To answer your question. I am using both Winamp and Foobar. Moving other Plugin Windows around works perfectly fine with both Winamp and Foobar. Since I can only use Streamripper with Winamp *There are ways to use it with Foobar but I dont* With ALL the plugins REMOVED, StreamRipper still causes this issue. Checking Task Manager shows StreamRipper CPU Use going upto 90% for upto 15 seconds on a Single Core Athlon XP Processor and 2 to 5 seconds on a Core 2 Duo processor. After a short time, it settles down back to 0 until StreamRipper is in use. This ONLY Happens with StreamRipper plugin Window. With the Plugins removed, I experience no such problem. This could be a problem with StreamRipper or with Windows itself. Windows comes with its own issues, but so far, this is the only Plugin causing this issue. Also please note that StreamRipper Window will Max out the CPU even when StreamRipper is NOT in use at all and only being moved around the Desktop. This occurs in both x86 and x64 Windows 7 with SP1.
    My total Processes 5 minutes after Bootup are 42 Processes, 22% memory use, No tweaking with Windows except Hibernation and System Restore are Off. I do not have any background processes taking up CPU Resources. Everything is clean. No Extra junk. System runs very smooth.

• BastianW

BastianW - 2013-01-07

@ocdamp
    before you compain that a free software isn´t working and that somebody must fix it, why didn´t you start learning programming and try to fix the issue on your own instead of posting some rude stuff? This is why the project is open source…

• Akbear

Akbear - 2013-01-07

What are you on about Bastian? Where was I being rude? I am only Reporting that moving the WINDOW Around the Desktop causes the CPU usage to go very high. This happens whether Aero or Basic themes are used in Windows. That's it. If you are here to start an argument, you can go talk to a wall. I am simply reporting the issue.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks