Menu

starting a project

2005-12-02
2013-03-20
  • Remo Toomela

Remo Toomela - 2005-12-02

idea is good. now let me get this strait - you want to program a new client which can make a lot of stuff and uses Metatrader protocol to communicate with a broker?

I looked at the project homepage and didn't see any information that you have something. some tests some results that you are able to read metatrader information. I mean, this is basic. If you have that then starts a fun part, where there can be programmed a lot of features and use other open source projects.

If you have something in your hand about the protocol - let me know and I will help. Analyzing, data mining, statistics - it's what I can and I have a lot of ideas what can be done. but without information flow it's useless.

I try different methods for automated trading using metatrader. As far as I can see, it's a lot different then trying to become a good trader trading manually.

so let me know. cheers.

• Ruslan Pilin

Ruslan Pilin - 2005-12-06

I want to create some system that can use hive mind  of user CPU's to optimize stratagies. As i run some test on my MetaTrader with MQL. Simple expert based on just moving average give 100% profit in year after optimization on standart MetaTrader's optimizer.
      I have this information about how it work and so on in my head. But i completely limited by time to make this information avaible for others.
      It will be really great if you can join this project on such early stage. I have a bit of information on project's homepage but it in Russian. Coz i'm Russian and i think in Russian. It will be great to have translater for information on projects home page. I suppose to find translater after New Year holidays.
      I'm trying to put a bit of information from my head to project's wiki every day.

Far goal of project is to create such system that user can just put money on account and push button to start trading. But also can read about how it works. May be suggest better solutions.

Now i see several starting points:

- Research MT4 protocol to connect directly to server and write smth like MT4 Client API. As far as MetaQuotes will not release it.

- Research How something written on Java or C++ can be embeded into MT4.

- Research if system can be implemented in MQL.

Now i'm researching MQL as i suppose it is the simpliest way.

• Remo Toomela

Remo Toomela - 2005-12-21

I was thinking here a few days a go - maybe it is a little bit wrong to try to program a new client API. I mean Metatrader looks pretty good to me. I am testing a few ideas myself and I have ideas and slowly I can program easier parts myself. At this stage is the problem luck of ideas which could work.
      using C++ in Metatrader is made through using DLL (whatever that means). people who know C and can use it knows how to use it.
      I will check your homepage as well.
      Including a neural algorithm or something like this could be very fascinating and means a lot of theoretical work but can give good results. Still at the moment I think programming a new API is a waste of time (of course if the idea is to make Metatrading available for *NIX users, it's a different story).

Let's give a try to develop something useful!

• Ruslan Pilin

Ruslan Pilin - 2005-12-21

I'm thinking about embeding JVM into MetaTrader as dll. But i suppose it not good. It will be cool to have automatic trading system that can be easily started on any platform.

Now i'm decide to learn MQL and noticed that there no good tutorial on it. I've started writing my own tutorial. Now i know how to create indicators but have some problems with understanding experts. So good tutorial on MQL is my current task. But i'm pressed by time.

So now i want to know what can be done in MQL.

Also there several ideas like to generate MQL with Java or C/C++ and install it inside MetaTrader.

P/S: Just get intresting idea.
        Maybe it will be better to find platform with Client API and/or open protocol specification.

• Remo Toomela

Remo Toomela - 2005-12-21

there is a program which generates indicators automatically. I will look a little of my files, I had a link somewhere. Made by russian by the way.
      Finding a platform with client API and open protocol... I don't know... how it should help. I mean the biggest problem is make a system what can trade and earn money.
      If you have problems with expert or indicators - ask, at this point I'm sure I can help you to write a working code. I'm not a very good programmer but I learned it to give a try for a developing process for expert...

p.s. register at your homepage doesn't send email with a password so I can't write something there

• Ruslan Pilin

I want to generate experts. Or even not to generate but tranfer from server. Then service run optimizer on user mashine and return results to server. May be a way to use hive mind.

You are right the main problem is automatic trader not platform.

So i have implemented my expert but it behaviour is terrible. Can u send an working expert code based on double SMA crossing?

P/S i'll take on problem with registration it seems that other users meet it too.

• Ruslan Pilin

Registration is works for me...Strange...

• Ruslan Pilin

Your email is incorrect i cant send mail to you manualy.

• Remo Toomela

Remo Toomela - 2005-12-22

I have an idea what could be very useful and could possibly help to build a contact with metatrader.
      They have a server, but it doesn't support (as much as I know) stocks, futures, options etc. I mean the price information. So for the start it could be a very good idea to write something that makes it possible to add new sources of data. There is countless projects to read exchange information but can metatrader do that? If I live in [some country] and want to use metatrader for analyze and I can get latest data through... lets say teletext service... then how can I include it.
      I mean if there is one project with documentation [how to do that] then it is starting point for possibly countless other projects. and metatrader programmers could be a help to explain and control the code.
      You could add finance.yahoo data or some data vendor from your country etc.

just my thoughts...

• Ruslan Pilin

Ruslan Pilin - 2005-12-22

They have there own platform. Broker has MT server and can pull anything to MT client. But it use MT protocol. So if we know protocol we can bild OpenSource cliens and servers. Also we can build some system to get data from yahoo for e.g. and pull it to MT client. So protocol reasearch is not such a waste of time. It is a step to more intresting things like mationed above.

I choose MetaTrader coz i know where to put real-money to trade. And deal with local brokers. I'm shure that there are number of other trade platforms. But MT is most popular in our country.