From: Stephan Ebelt <stephan.ebelt@gm...> - 2006-02-19 22:01:41
... is finally ready (I am really happy about that :-)).
Quite a number of bugs have been fixed since the last pre-release. The
StockRisk plugin is ready and provides a quite rudimentary (but IHMO
very useful) way to control risk. It can be customized through the
normal settings mechanism.
Check it out right here
and please do not hesitate with any feedback...
- more details on Trading Volume in InfoDisplay
- less overhead in SoldStocks
- SoldStocks and DividendIncome plugins are *much* faster
- Asset reports show winner/loser ratio, improved design
- new StockRisk plugin to analyse risk for a single position (very
- the symbol in EditorHead is now a link to your favorite investment
resource (Yahoo, OnVista, ...). You may specify any URL, StockManiac
will put the symbol in
- Transaction processing is completely re-written:
- a Portfolio consists of Positions
- a Position builds up from Orders
- a Position may have any number of Orders
- only executed Orders influence the Position. That means you
can always track the presence of a order as well as it's
charges. Even if your broker did not execute the order (i.e.
it expired or did not reach the limit)
- a Order may have additional modifiers (called 'Add On') like
Stop Loss, Stop Buy, Fill or Kill, ... etc. This may be used
to track buy/sell attempts.
- a Position might be short or long (not 100% implemented, but
possible in general)
- a Position can be 'closed' (by selling all shares). If the
same stock is bought again it will be a new position starting
from scratch - there are no influences from any positions
previously held on that stock (i.e. in gain/loss calculations)
- Orders can be modified as long as they are not executed
- technically the definition of an Order is completely seperate.
Meaning if there is (one time) a public standard defining how
a order must look, it should be relativly easy to make
StockManiac compliant with that standard (thanks to
- OrderDisplay and OrderEditor have been merged
- DividendDisplay and DividendEditor have been merged
- minor usability improvements here and there
- new StockRisk plugin for rudimentary risk control. It is ment to
remind when to place a stop or when a single position becomes
too large/small or when you really should sell in order to keep
your money. Of course you are free to ignore all this - the plugin
is just suggesting, not deciding.
- updated jpgraph, smart and smart-gettext
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.