- Major modifications
* Folder architecture: All configuration files are now in stlport/stl/config folder.
stlport/stl_user_config.h renamed and moved as stlport/stl/config/user_config.h.
stlport/stl/_site_config.h renamed and moved as stlport/stl/config/hosts.h.
STLport configuration now also try to seperate platform configuration from compiler
* Allocators implementation is in src folder to enhance encapsulation. Default
allocator when using STLport without building it (_STLP_NO_IOSTREAMS) is the simple
new/delete based allocator, node allocator is the default when building the lib.
* Expression template for string concatenation is activated per default. Go to
user_config.h file to disable it.
* Access to native headers has been modified to make STLport less dependant on
native headers internal includes, should improve portability.
* Segregation of headers has been improved. You might have to add now missing
functional or algorithm Standard headers include in your code.
* Support enhancements:
- Borland compilers starting with the free one (5.5.1)
- Visual Studio 2005 for Windows CE
- Digital Mars compiler (experimental)
- Use of intrinsic type traits support of Visual Studio 2005
* Improved meta programming techniques especially in uninitialized_* algorithms.
If you need a vector of null pointer prefer to write 'vector<void*> v(10)' rather
than 'vector<void*> v(10, (void*)0)'.
* Fully functional pointer specialization feature (_STLP_USE_PTR_SPECIALIZATIONS).
* Extension of template search methods in associative and hashed container has
* STL safe mode: Now detect badly implemented strict weak ordering functors, assert
if a < b && b < a. Same for equivalent functor used in hash container implementation,
assert if a <=> b but !(b <=> a).
* Improved locale creation delay on Windows platform.
* STL containers implementation now correctly handle allocators with state. This kind
of allocator has to overload swap method if any specific action has to be made when
swaping 2 instances.
* STLport is ready for safe string functions *_s (_STLP_USE_SAFE_STRING_FUNCTIONS)
* Many bug fixes, see etc/ChangeLog.
Log in to post a comment.