The Stellarium development team after 9 months of development is proud to announce the release of version 0.13.0 of Stellarium.
This release brings some interesting new features:
- New modulated core.
- Refactored shadows and introducing the normal mapping.
- Sporadic meteors and meteors has the colors now.
- Comet tails rendering.
- New translatable strings and new textures.
- New plugin: Equation of Time - provides solution for Equation of Time.
- New plugin: Field of View - provides shortcuts for quick changes field of view.
- New plugin: Navigational Stars - marks 58 navigational stars on the sky.
- New plugin: Pointer Coordinates - shows the coordinates of the mouse pointer.
- New plugin: Meteor Showers - provides visualization of meteor showers.
- New version of the Satellites plugin: introduces star-like satellites and bug fixes.
- New version of the Exoplanets plugin: displaying of the potential habitable exoplanets; improvements for performance and code refactoring.
- New version of the Angle Measure plugin: displaying of the position angle.
- New version of the Quasars plugin: improvements for performance; added marker_color parameter.
- New version of the Pulsars plugin: improvements for performance; display pulsars with glitches; setting color for marker for different types of the pulsars.
- New versions of the Compass Marks, Oculars, Historical Supernovae, Observability analysis and Bright Novae plugins: bug fixing, code refactoring and improvements.
There have also been a large number of bug fixes and serious performance improvements.
We have updated the configuration file and the Solar System file, so if you have an existing Stellarium installation, we highly recommended reset the settings when you will install the new version (you can choose required points in the installer).
A huge thanks to our community whose contributions help to make Stellarium better!
Log in to post a comment.