Cool Software, Suggestions for Future Version

Feedback
2004-10-26
2012-10-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, Thanks for this great software; Stellarium is better than Celestia as far as illustration goes. The atmospheric effects are cool.

Anyway, I have a few suggestions. In the future, it would be awesome if you could create additional viewing points, like from the Moon, Mars, Phobos and Deimos, Europa, Titan, etc. The various atmospheric effects (or the lack thereof) would be very cool (especially if you can pick any place on the planet/moon you'd like to view from just like Earth).

I agree with other suggestors that if possible, it would be great to have all of the moons around the planets (orbiting around them).

A lock-on feature would also be cool; it would allow you to stay centered on an object as it rotates around the sky. That would be great for observing moon-planet risings and settings against Earth's surface. Also stellar/constellation risings and settings.

Surface differences would also be cool, than just the trees and the farmhouse (though you've probably thought of that already).

I wouldn't like to make this sound like a list of demands; its just stuff that would be cool in whatever time, order, or selection you want to do them in if you want to do them at all. Thank you again, I really appreciate the work you put into this.

Peace, --Stardude

• Nobody/Anonymous

To center on a selected object, press space. To track a selected object without centering it, press T

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments