Error with time or moon..

Feedback
Anonymous
2013-11-03
2013-11-12
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-11-03

Hi, I'm sure I have my location and time zone correct (in Stellarium as well as the computer), but stellarium shows the moon in front of the sun, while in reality it already passed over one hour ago. What is wrong??

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-11-06

Size? of the moon (the graphic size I think I mean)

Awhile back when we had that sun eclipse recently I was watching it via stellarium and was perplexed that the program was saying it had started going by vision only but in reality it actually had not .

After much fiddling and checking using the time slider I figured out the eclipse was correct "only" if one had the exact centre of the moon in the exact centre of the sun , so in my untechnical way I just guessed the graphics size of the moon is not really real or something like that? or the sun? or maybe both ..

Anyway , something like that :-) ....

• qam1

qam1 - 2013-11-09

Sounds like you have the moon scaled up, instead of its actual size.

Press f4 and uncheck "Scale moon" and see if that helps

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-11-11

Thanks qam1 , referred from the Size? post .

It was turned on and i never knew of it obviously and it sure did shrink with it off , I hope the op sees it and tries it and lets us know .

I'm busy atm and no moon here either at this time typing , but i'll check it out later on with that eclipse back in time ..

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-11-11

what happans in stellarium 0.10.2 between the time 999CE/12/31 23:59:59 - 1000CE/1/1 0:0:0 could and any one explain please because I cant get the continuous planetary alignment

Anonymous
Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments