Anonymous
2016-12-28
2016-12-28
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2016-12-28

Hi,

I am in the process of deciding what telescope mount to purchase, and one of the key requirement is that it should work with Stellarium's telescope control plugin.

Do you know whether the Celestron CGEM II mount is supported? I see that the original CGEM is supported, but looking at the spec on Celestron's website for the CGEM II, it does look like the control interface is through a usb port and via ASCOM.

Anybody with any experience with that mount and Stellarium?
    Cyril

• gzotti

gzotti - 2016-12-28

ASCOM should be supported via StellariumScope (Manual, sec. 14.3). I cannot say whether this will work for you, though. Maybe also inquire in some amateur astronomy/observer forum?

• Comment has been marked as spam. 
      Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2016-12-28

Thank you for the clarification.
      I realize that I forgot to add this point in my original email but I am looking for an open-source only (and Linux) solution. As far as I understand, ASCOM and StellariumScope are both Windows only.
      Agreed about amateur astronomy forum; I was thinking of asking on cloudynights.com.

• gzotti

gzotti - 2016-12-28

I see from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCOM_(standard) that ASCOM is Windows only. Not sure it would run via WINE? (I know, this would still not be an open-source solution...) I have no experience with this, sorry, and good luck! When you find a solution, we accept user contributions and notes of working solutions for the manual.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks