Invisible cursor again (Windows 7)

Feedback
Anonymous
2013-11-09
2015-11-28
  • Anonymous - 2013-11-09

Hi. This issue come up back in a 2008 post. The solution provided was to turn off mouse trails. This works because this setting (as I understand it) engages the hardware cursor in Windows (W7), whereas mouse trails switches to a software cursor. It's this software cursor that won't show up when Stellarium is fullscreen and the Windows taskbar isn't showing.

This is causing me a problem, though. I have recently installed f.lux, which lowers the display temperature at night to give your eyes a break. Unfortunately, to get the cursor to dim as well you need to run it as a software cursor (e.g. by turning mouse trails on) but in this state you lose it completely when running Stellarium.

See the dilemma? I'm pretty sure it's Stellarium causing the problem - disabling f.lux doesn't resolve it and the 2008 posts on this issue seem to point here too.

Any chance of getting this fixed or does someone know a setting?

Thanks for any help,
    Duncan

• Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2015-11-28

I've got software cursor working by editing the registry, according the answer to this post:

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/3436/how-to-apply-color-management-to-the-windows-7-mouse-cursor

In short, you edit "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse" and set "MouseTrails" to "-1".

Doesn't seem to work on fullscreen, though. On this setting, you lose the cursor completely!

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks