Configurable keys, menus, zoom slider, moons

Feedback
2004-01-21
2013-03-04
  • Nobody/Anonymous

First, I *love* the software...good job!

I do a decent amount of sidewalk astronomy, and I have a tablet PC I take with me on such outings (Compaq TC1000).  I'd love to   use your software to show people where things are, etc, but I'd like to use my computer in "tablet mode" (no keyboard).  Since the stylus only has two mouse buttons, I can't center objects or anything in this mode.

What I'd like to see would be some way to configure keybindings to actions, plus a sort of menu interface.  (OK, I'm asking for a lot.. :) )  So, I can select items with a left-click, then bring up a menu with a right-click, from which I can center, zoom, etc.  Having an on-screen zoom slider would be nice, as well -- I could just click-n-drag to change zoom level.

And finally, I don't see any of the moons of the outer planets.  Would be very cool to see those in realtime (or am I missing them?).

I'm a programmer...perhaps I'll look into some of this, myself.  But don't count on me having the time.. :)

Thanks again!

-g.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Does one exist ?

Thank you,  Daniel

• Tony D

Tony D - 2013-02-12

Hi Guys I'm using version 0.12.0 om Windows 764 bit and cannot reassign the keyboard shortcuts. They work for the current session but disappear as soon as I shut down and reopen Stellarium. I've tried saving preferences and editing the shortcuts.json file but it wont stick. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Tony

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2013-03-04

Please fill bug report on bugs.launchpad.net/stellarium

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks