Stellarium Crashing Mac - Hard restarted needed

Feedback
Anonymous
2012-11-13
2013-07-17
  • Anonymous - 2012-11-13

Hi all,

Stellarium 11.4 is crashing my macbook pro under certain conditions.

If I switch between full screen mode and windowed mode, there is a chance that
    my mac will freeze. The mouse still moves but I cannot click on anything. Force
    quitting is not an option since I can't access the apple icon. Interestingly,
    I can still vary screen brightness and sounds levels using the keyboard, but those
    actions, don't prompt the sound and brightness icons which usually show up.
    I think the mac works, but the screen is frozen. Nothing but a
    forced restart solves the problem.

Cheers

Details:
    OSX: 10.6.8
    Processor 2.4GHz
    Memory: 8GB 1067MHz

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2012-11-13

Can you show log.txt?

• Anonymous - 2012-11-13

Instead of using the Apple Menu, the keyboard shortcut Command-Option-Escape should also bring up the Force Quit Menu. Maybe that is a workaround until this can get fixed in this code? I have seen similar behavior on my Mac Book Pro, but with me, when I click the Quit button in Stellarium it freezes and I need to use the Force Quit option to close the program.

Chuck C.

• Anonymous - 2012-11-25

I am getting the same issues. sometimes nothing works (no cmd-opt-esc, nothing), have to hard power off. where is log.txt found? - Matt

• Anonymous - 2012-11-27

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some issues with the Mac version. I've haven't ever used Stellarium before this, so I'm not certain what SHOULD happen when launched, but here's what happens to me:

My entire desktop becomes Stellarium. I'm in a 360 degree country side. Paris, France is what it states at the bottom. (It's like some script gets run upon launching, maybe?) I'm able to pan around by click-scrolling the mouse. Some VERY nifty stuff comes up in the left-hand corner when I click the mouse and release.

But, that's it. No buttons do anything (except F3, see below), and I'm not able to do anything or access anything else. I can't really get out of this full screen takeover.

The only way I can escape is by pressing F3 and then clicking on the Finder, and then force quitting Stellarium.

Specifics:

Stellarium install dmg file name: Stellarium-0.11.4.dmg
    Unstuffed file size: 92,279,741 bytes
    Created: August 25, 2012 7:03 AM

iMac
    OS 10.8.2
    3.06 GHz Intel Core Duo
    8 gigs of memory

If anyone can direct me as to how to access the log.txt, I'll post it here.

Best,

Kelly

• Timothy Reaves

Timothy Reaves - 2012-12-03

Don't hijack a thread. Start a new one.

• Timothy Reaves

Timothy Reaves - 2012-12-03

These are issues with Qt, not with Stellarium. So there is nothing we can do about it. Period.

Qt was just updated, and in my initial tests, I am not seeing the quit behavior any more. I'll test some more to be certian. The next release we put out will use 4.8.4.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments