program won't run - windows xp

Feedback
2006-05-07
2012-10-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

It was working fine before. I didn't make any changs to the files, but the program will no longer start. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Matthew--your "fixes" don't work. My copy of Stellarium was running fine last night. This morning, it crashes after it finishes loading. I've changed the resolution in the config.ini 15 times...doesn't help. Delete the config.ini file...the program doesn't start.

It's really disappointing, because this looked like a really cool program. Right now, it's garbage to me.

• Matthew Gates

Matthew Gates - 2006-05-08

Curious. Not the same problem them. You say it crashes /after/ if finished loading. Exactly how far into the process does it get:

1. Splash screen appears
        2. Hipparcos Catalogue progress bar completes
        3. NGC catalogue progress bar completes
        4. Constellation art progress bar completes
        5. Main screen fades in (you get a glimpse of the landscape).

?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Sounds like an interesting program. But Cellocity has way more downloads then you.

• Matthew Gates

Matthew Gates - 2006-05-09

I can't work out if this is a weird kind of targeted spam, POTM-envy (:p) or a compliment!

Matthew

• vincent

vincent - 2006-05-07

I've had a similar problem with Stellarium version 0.8.0 on XP. The problem came from the screen dimensions that were both set to zero in the config.ini file whereas I hadn't changed anything myself...

So try to have a look at your config.ini file and to set back "screen_w = 1024" and "screen_h = 768" (or whatever dimensions you're using) if they're both set to zero...

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks! You got it right on.

• Matthew Gates

The problem seems to be changing the projection mode and then saving defaults causes the screen resolution to be saved as 0x0.

Solutions:

1. Edit config.ini and set back your proper screen resolution

2. Delete config.ini. You'll get the default one back when you re-start.

I raised a bug for this problem:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1483662&group_id=48857&atid=454373

Matthew

• Matthew Gates

One more hint. If you want to change the projection type and/or disk viewport setting and want to save the results, ensuse you always specify the screen resolution as well.

The problem is caused by the program trying to save the selected value in the screen resolution list, and saving it even when there is no selected item. So just always specify the resolution before you save defaults from this tab in the config window.

Matthew

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks