setLinesColor (const Vec3f &c) - What???

Feedback
Anonymous
2014-02-16
2014-02-17
  • Anonymous - 2014-02-16

I realize this is a free program, and I'm really grateful, but I would pay for better documentation. Even just some examples for each function (which as a 20 year program I always provide with my own documentation) would really go a long way.

It looks like you change the constellation line color with this command:
    setLinesColor (const Vec3f &c)

But I cannot figure out what "Vec3f &c" means. If I follow the link to Vec3f, it give a complete page of gibberish. I have tried these possible meanings which NONE work to change the color of the lines
    setLinesColor( 1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
    setLinesColor( Vector3(1.0, 1.0, 1.0))
    setLinesColor( "#ffffff")
    setLinesColor( "1.0", "1.0", "1.0")

ANY IDEAS????

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2014-02-16

setLinesColor(Vec3f(1.0,1.0,1.0));

• barrykgerdes

barrykgerdes - 2014-02-16

There is a user guide in the in the wiki
    There is another one here

http://barry.sarcasmogerdes.com/stellarium/stellarium_user_guide-new.pdf

Changing line colours can be done in the config.ini file very easily. Instructions for the config.ini file will be found in the user guide along with most everything else you need to know. It appears you have been delving into the c++ code in the src folder

Barry

• Anonymous - 2014-02-17

If you actually are a developer, as you claim, then you would know that setLineColor() is a function that takes as a parameter a references to a three dimensional vector of type float. You would also know that all colors are made up of three colors, and as floats, those values are in the range 0.0 to 1.0. So the method would be self explanatory.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks