Setting up your position in the settings

Feedback
K3rmiT22
2005-02-01
2012-10-09
  • K3rmiT22

K3rmiT22 - 2005-02-01

Here's something different:

Defining the position in the settings dialog is not that user-friendly. It takes very many clicks for fine-tuning your position.
    Personally, I found out about my exact position using heavens-above.com - is there a better way/website?

• Silveradogold

Silveradogold - 2005-02-01

Yes I know what you mean.
      Try entering your Longitude and Latitude in the config.ini file; That may be a faster but a more definite way.
      It would be nice to just type in the date in a GUI window and press enter;
      Clear Skies --- Silveradogold

• Fabien Chéreau

Fabien Chéreau - 2005-02-01

Yeah I know that, and I started to work on a much nicer GUI, but it is very tricky because no real finished widgets library exist so far for rendering OpenGL widgets.

The best I found is Glgooey, but it really lacks a good multiplateform support, i started having some contacts with the guys doing it, but there is still lot of work to do.. You can of course make things go faster if you contribute to Glgooey :)

When this library will be included in stellarium, MANY improvements will be easily done, such as object search, translation to every language (when UTF fonts are working in Glgooey), etc..

Fabien

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks