CPU Usage - a suggestion!!

Feedback
2004-11-03
2012-10-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

It would be really helpfull if there was a way of limiting the CPU usage when in real time mode so that I can sit outside without my laptop CPU going at 100%!! Can't we make a method of slowing down the refresh rate to limit the CPU usage?

thanks heaps!

• Fabien Chéreau

Fabien Chéreau - 2004-11-05

Hello,

Renicing the process won't change anything.

What could possibly be done is to fix an optionnal limiting FPS (Frames Per Second) rate, but it does not look so nice maybe.

From a structural point of view it is really not easy to dynamically decrease FPS when the displayed field looks static, because the soft itself don't "understand" what's in the screen.

Note that I already had a few request like this one (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=937506&group_id=48857&atid=454376)

Fabien

• Nobody/Anonymous

Could there be an option included to use a lower refresh rate except for when the atmosphere is being switched on or off or the user is panning/zooming? This might help!

On the other hand, realistically the star location only needs to be updated every 30 secs or so unless one is zoomed in a long way. This may be a better solution?

Thanks

• Nobody/Anonymous

I also hope for the option to be inclued into this soft~
      This is realy a great work!!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Just a guess, but have you tried changing the process priority (in MS Windows, in Linux it would be a "renice" of the process)?

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments