Menu

VIRUS!

Feedback
Anonymous
2017-01-17
2017-01-20
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-17

My spyware, none of them will let me download Stellarium. It is a virus.

• gzotti

gzotti - 2017-01-17

Your spyware won't let you download Stellarium? Use a webbrowser instead.

If you wanted to say, you spyware protection alarm system indicates Stellarium may be unsafe, there is always a button to confirm "I know the risks, download anyways" or similar. We just don't pay for some certificates to avoid such false alarm. Just be sure to download from stellarium.org, sourceforge.net, or launchpad.net and not via some unrelated repacking install-downloader-to-download-with-our-great-addon-offers type website.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-20
    1. Now I can't even get to the download page. Message says webpage can't be found. I am 65 years old and this technology is way beyond me. I was sent an Obama 3G smart phone that won't make an audible ring on full volume, won't answer when I touch the giggling phone and when I make a call, being a touch screen disconnects or goes someplace else when the screen touches my cheek so I bought a used locked 3G flip phone and transferred the card. Problem solved.

• gzotti

gzotti - 2017-01-20

Click on the files tab here and look for the files you need.
    Or go to stellarium.org
    Or go to https://launchpad.net/stellarium and press the green buttons to download packages with the latest features.

All of these may be identified as potentially dangerous because of a non-registered publisher or so.

Sorry, we cannot help with basics how to operate a computer.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-20

I don't know what a files tab is. Same problem, won't download. I was kicked out of a beginning computer class for taking too much class time asking too many questions but with every answered question comes more questions. I am lucky to be able to use email and browse the www. I have no clue as to how to download pictures to my media or how to use a flash drive and I don't understand the lingo of instructions on how to do it. To me if you eat blackberries you will get blue teeth. Jave is Jamacian slang for coffee and an android is a robot that looks human. Here I sit with a rotory phone, vacuum tube stereo, cassette deck, turntable and VHS. Much simpler, easier to understand and much more reliable. I still prefer and use a film camera.

• gzotti

gzotti - 2017-01-20

Consider using a planisphere or astrolabe then?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-20

I have a cardboard planisphere and a 4" telescope. I was hoping to get a horizon view from my locasion. All this technology is putting me and my father back in the stone age because nobody except bill collectors will accept traditional technology ie a paper check. My 91 year old father needed a new refrigerator and asked for a brochure abd was told to go online. Wouldn't a brochure be easier? Thank goodness I can use ebay with Pay Pal. If I am hacked there is no personal data to be found. I bank in person or snail mail.

• gzotti

gzotti - 2017-01-20

What can I do? Ask your grandchildren (or other people <50 years) around you for assistance.

Sorry, we cannot help with basics how to operate a computer.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-20

No gtrandchildren and a technotard sister in Florida. I am in Chicago. Nobody around my age understands "Chinese" either. I don't know any little kids and can't afford a live in technician. I can't retain what little I might pick up. I have passed the age of being receptive of certain things like learning a different language. Nobody is willing to help me. I went to see the Blue Man Group with our senior citizen group none of which have a computeor smart phone. The lights were dim before the show started and everyone had their lit up phones in their faces. We were on the main floor so I went to the balcony and looked where our group was sitting abd saw a dark rectangle because none of us have a smart phone and have lived 60 plus years without one or a computer but we'll be dead soon. The library is only a little help because of limited time per person. My hands are tied. I am out of options but thanks anyway.