SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Charting

Feedback
Anonymous
2013-11-12
2013-11-12
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-11-12

First let me say that I love Stellarium and you guys did a great job!

The one thing that I'm really missing however is a way to generate/export good atlas-style charts.
    I know there's a feature where you can print the screen with inverted colors,
    but to be honest it's not quite useful due to coloring, stars are too small to see at night etc.

Some proper black on white charts with blown-up star sizes, rulers on the sides etc. would be great.
    And then the next step would be day-by-day positions of a selected planet, comet or asteroid in a given date range, so you can make observing charts for those as well.

Anyway... thumbs up so far!

• barrykgerdes

barrykgerdes - 2013-11-12

Stellarium was not originally designed for this type of feature. It is really meant to give a visual representation of the sky as in a planetarium and the code to produce symbols and other markings on a chart is just not practical. However with simple features that are available on most operating systems it is easy to make a screen dump and invert the colours. Thus making a chart type view.

If a chart is what is required there are many other programs as mentioned previously that are far better to use if a chart is what you require.

Barry

Last edit: barrykgerdes 2013-11-12

Anonymous
Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments