Just downloaded... think something's wrong

Feedback
Expresiva
2013-06-12
2013-06-13
  • Expresiva

Expresiva - 2013-06-12

I installed Stellarium on my brand new MacBook Air. When I open up the program, I get a full screen of a blue sky in a field, location, Paris, France - but displaying my current time in Mpls, MN. There's no tool bar, no access to a tool bar - can't do a thing with it. What am I missing?

• waldo kitty

waldo kitty - 2013-06-12

On 6/12/2013 04:01, Expresiva wrote:

I installed Stellarium on my brand new MacBook Air. When I open up the program,
      I get a full screen of a blue sky in a field, location, Paris, France - but
      displaying my current time in Mpls, MN. There's no tool bar, no access to a tool
      bar - can't do a thing with it. What am I missing?

the instruction manual? ;)

but seriously... if you move your mouse to the botton left area, a bottom menu
      will pop up... if you move your mouse to the left side bottom half, a menu will
      pop out... then there's F1 for help which should give you the list of keys so
      that you can locate setup and adjust to your location (to start with) ;)

--
      NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
      Please keep mailing list traffic on the list unless
      private contact is specifically requested and granted.

• Bogdan Marinov

Bogdan Marinov - 2013-06-12

The horizontal and vertical toolbars will appear when you hover your mouse pointer over the bottom left and lower left edges of the screen, respectively. You can also lock them in open position by clicking on the small black buttons.

You can change your default location from the Location window, accessible from the vertical toolbar or by pressing F6.

Stellarium uses your system's time zone. If you are looking at locations different from your system's time zone, you need to compensate manually for the time difference.

• Expresiva

Expresiva - 2013-06-13

Thanks - I found that the instructional manual, once I finally found it, assumed I already knew where the toolbars were...it was relatively non helpful or I certainly wouldn't have asked. Combine that with the fact that I'm about a week into using a Mac, and I was really lost. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments