Feedback
Anonymous
2016-12-28
2016-12-29
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2016-12-28

I have a new Surface Pro 4 with a high DPI screen. Stellarium 15.1 is gorgeous on it but the text and controls are tiny becasue of the high resolution. I have read the FAQ about high resolution screens and in there it said the fix would be included with version 14.1. I assume it was included with version 15 also because the high DPI on the same machine was not an issue with that. Could the fix be included with version 15.1? Thank you!

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2016-12-28

Can you run stellarium with -platform windows:dpiawareness=0 parameter to check it?

Undo

Anonymous - 2016-12-29

Hmmm.... It made no difference.

Undo

Anonymous - 2016-12-29

I'm the one that started this post. I went ahead and followed the FAQ recommendation for fixing the tiny text because of the high resolution. I was hesitant at first because it is necessary to edit the registry. I followed the directions and it worked just fine! I found I had to go into the compatability settings and uncheck "Disable display scaling at high DPI setting" for the fix to work. If I want to be in Stellarium with the high DPI setting, I can just go back and check that compatability setting. At the high DPI setting, the text and controls are tiny but the display of the night sky is even more beautiful with the differences in magnitude between stars and planets being more realistic.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks