Feedback
2006-09-04
2013-01-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Have a look for yourselves.

http://www.starlab.com/slcylmyth.html

• Johan Meuris

Johan Meuris - 2006-09-04

Yes, I know the page, and graphically interpreting more sky cultures is definitely part of my roadmap. As soon as I find some free time!
      I can disclose what's up next: Inuit constellations. The research has already been done by Karrie from Digitalis Education.

• Matthew Gates

Matthew Gates - 2006-09-04

Is this spam, or a follow up from another post? There should be a new word for forum spam, like email is spam, IM are spim, VoIP is spit. flam? spif?

• Nobody/Anonymous

It's not spaming, just a reference to other sky culture art if anyone is interested in creating constellation art.

• Matthew Gates

Matthew Gates - 2006-09-04

What is the copyright on these images? Are they in the public domain?

Cheers,
        Matthew

• Nobody/Anonymous

Good question, I was just browsing around the Internet looking for Egyptian Constellation pictures and came across this site.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I doubt the artwork is in the public domain. Even if it was, it's not worth copying; it's not very good. The Western artwork in Stellarium is the best constellation artwork I've ever seen.

• Ric Kemp

Ric Kemp - 2011-09-06

Hi,

Inuit constellations: the Caribou appears to progress through the polar night
    sky backwards. Is this correct please? How has this been documented or
    verified?

Best regards,

Ric

• Anonymous - 2012-10-21

From what I have read there is considerable confusion regarding this reindeer constellation, in other words, which way it faces. Happily I don't think it really matters - the starry animal can progress backwards or forwards as it does in various cultures: forwards in a literal sense; backwards in a symbolical one.

• Ric Kemp

Ric Kemp - 2012-10-21

Last edit: Ric Kemp 2012-10-21
  • Anonymous - 2012-12-08

Indian Sky Culture is Missing. Is there is anyway Indian Sky Culture can be put.

• Arijit

Arijit - 2012-12-08

Indian Sky Culture is missing. I am from Calcutta and as I known India is having reach Sky Culture. As because the Historical Hindu astronomy (Jyotiṣa) develops as a discipline of Vedanga or one of the "auxiliary disciplines" associated with the study of the Vedas. The oldest extant text of astronomy is the treatise by Lagadha, dated variously to 1269 BC - 1181 BC and to the Mauryan era (final centuries BCE).

Indian astronomy flowered in the 6th century, with Aryabhata, whose Aryabhatiya represented the pinnacle of astronomical knowledge at the time, and significantly influenced medieval Muslim astronomy. Other astronomers of the classical era who further elaborated on Aryabhata's work include Brahmagupta, Varahamihira and Lalla.

I hope next time when Stellarium develops further, it will be wise to incorporate Indian Sky Culture.

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2012-12-08

Anybody can drawing indian constellation?

• Anonymous - 2012-12-11

this sf is already awesome !! light weight very quick to open and quit FANTASTIC UI ACCURATE positioning very professional it helped me a lot ....thanks developers

JUST DON'T TOUCH IT ANYMORE !! PLEASE

• Jerome Colburn

Jerome Colburn - 2013-01-07

Hello, I would be interested in working on the Mesopotamian sky culture. I had supposed I could get started on it just by creating a "mesopotamian" folder in \Program Files\Stellarium\skycultures and creating and editing the various files there, but that's not how it works. Why not allow Stellarium to pick up user-defined sky cultures?

• Jerome Colburn

Jerome Colburn - 2013-01-08

Ah! Missed the line about info.ini. Thanks!

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments