Anonymous
2017-01-10
5 days ago
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2017-01-10

Hi,

The star V400 Cep (HIP 1041, HD826) should only be one star, in one location, but, a lttile further over it is repeated. If you click on either, it says it's the same star, but the "second one" is in the wrong spot. (This is in the latest version, 0.15.1)

I noticed this when I was trying to add my own image for NGC40, (The bow-tie nebula, Caldwell2), and found this erroneous star where it didn't belong.

Can someone tell me how to delete this incorrect star? Seems it is embedded in the binary file, that can't be edited.

Thanks!

Also, I am happy to share my manually plate-solved NGC 40 image. (that took hours - longer than it took to get the image). It's not great, but still better than the empty space that was there, and I got the other stars to line up very well, doing it by trial-and-error (with much help from stellariumtextures).

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2017-01-10

It's artifact in catalog and he was created by processing of NGC 40. I've filled a bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/stellarium/+bug/1655226

Also, I am happy to share my manually plate-solved NGC 40 image. (that took hours - longer than it took to get the image). It's not great, but still better than the empty space that was there, and I got the other stars to line up very well, doing it by trial-and-error (with much help from stellariumtextures).

If you can give us a patch for it - it will be very helpful :)

Undo

Anonymous - 2017-01-11

As I said, it's not great but this is a link to the image, on flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125134422@N06/31878712020/in/album-72157647622746796/

and this is the JSON text that goes with it:

"imagecredits" : {"Short":"Steven Bellavia","infoUrl": "N/A"},
              "imageUrl" : "ngc40.png",
              "worldCoords" : [[[3.4833, 72.4494], [3.0167, 72.4494], [3.0250, 72.5944], [3.4958, 72.5944]]],
              "textureCoords" : [[[0,0], [1,0], [1,1], [0,1]]],
              "minResolution" : 1,
              "maxBrightness" : 13.5

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2017-01-12

Photo at Flickr is copyrighted and distributed under non-free license - we cannot include this photo into Stellarium. May you change license for it (we need a license which is compatible with GPL :-/)? Are you used size 1024x1024?

Undo

Anonymous - 6 days ago

Or I can send it directly to you? Yes it is 1024 x 1024

Conact me directly: stevenbellavia at gmail dot com

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks