The Sun

Feedback
Andrew
2006-08-28
2012-10-09
  • Andrew

Andrew - 2006-08-28

Hey
    First things first I love this program, keep up the good work.

Right I want to be able to make the sun disappear when I want it to and come back again at another time, I can turn the atmosphere off but the sun doesn't go and I need it to.

I am running it on Windows any ideas how I can do this.

Secondly I was wondering if there is a way of making the constellation lines a little thicker?

Thanks
    Andrew

• johannes

johannes - 2006-08-29

Try to remove the line containing 'halo.png' from the suns configuration in ssystem.ini.

Johannes

• johannes

johannes - 2006-09-08

You mistake the atmosphere for the sun itself. Turn off the atmosphere when standing on Io or Europa.

When you watch a lunar eclipse from earth you will see the rendering of earths shadow.

Johannes

• Norbert Mihály

Norbert Mihály - 2006-09-11

Ok, I try to ask you more simple, maybe I was misunderstandable:

http://w3.enternet.hu/mihaly52/lunar.jpg

How do I make the yellow part on the moon black? How do I turn off the yellow part? Which line shall I modify in config.ini?

• Rob Spearman

Rob Spearman - 2006-09-11

If you don't like the lunar eclipse coloration you can modify the textures/earth-shadow.png image.

Rob

• Norbert Mihály

Norbert Mihály - 2006-09-12

Thank you for your reply.

• Norbert Mihály

Norbert Mihály - 2006-09-08

Regarding Sun:

When selecting a different planet as the Earth as homplanet, like Europa, the Sun won't disappear behind the Jupiter. I know it is hard to model all the 3D elements, like shadowing, but this will do good to the program.
      Btw: In case of a lunar eclipse, how do I set the program, that the shadowed part of the moon should not beeing shown, or just shadowed. Is there some kind of way to do so?

Regards:
      norbert79

• johannes

johannes - 2006-09-10

You may change the constellation lines color in config.ini and make it brigther. Perhaps this is what you want.

Johannes

• Cliff

Cliff - 2012-04-30

Is this a correct orbit?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Cliff

Cliff - 2012-07-07

No reply?

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks