Menu

Edge Scrolling

Feedback
2004-07-28
2012-10-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hoping to see edge scrolling incorporated into a future (hopefully next) version of Stellarium. This is a great program though. Many thanks to the people who wrote and designed Stellarium.

• Fabien Chéreau

Fabien Chéreau - 2004-07-28

What's edge scrolling exactely?

Fab

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hopefully the next version will have what you want. I just submitted a patch for this...

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&atid=454375&aid=1055043&group_id=48857

So when the mouse is at the edge of the screen, it acts as though you're pressing the arrow keys.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Awesome - I've been using Stellarium a few months now and mouse support for pan/zoom was the first requirement I thought of.

If you have an object selected, I'd assume zoom would move you in towards that object, but I think zoom still operates towards the middle of the screen. The UI would make sense if you zoomed towards the middle of the screen if nothing selected, but with an object selected then zoom-to-object.

Then the mouse interface would be a very intuitive click-zoom (scroll wheel) to look up close at a planet or galaxy.

Thanks for a great product... EasyEddy