SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

No constellation lines

Feedback
2009-03-15
2014-11-17
  • Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones - 2009-03-15

I'm running stellarium on a laptop with built in intel graphics chipset. Windows Vista. The constellation lines are incredibly faint. Can anyone suggest any tweaks to improve this?

• barrykgerdes

barrykgerdes - 2009-03-15

Hi Kevin

There are a couple of things you can do to improve the display.

1. Set up the gamma with a linear stair step pattern. My displays need a gamma of about 1.6 for a pleasant display.

2. Open the config.ini file in a text editor and locate the entry for [color]
        const_lines_color = 0.13,0.19,0.24
        and change the value (double them) to
        const_lines_color = 0.26,0.38,0.48
        If this doesn't suit you can play with them 'til it does.

Also the angle you view a LCD screen makes a big difference to how you see it.

Barry

• Jerry Mapes

Jerry Mapes - 2009-03-21

I am running with the same set up, but my lines aren't faint, they are nonexistant with 0.10.2

They simply aren't showing up when toggled.

• Ed F

Ed F - 2009-07-16

I, too, am not seeing any constellation lines. I changed the lines color in the ini file to the same color as the constellation names (which do appear), but still no lines.
      I'm running Vista Home Premium 64bit on a new HP laptop which runs a Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family for the display.

• dom pedro

dom pedro - 2009-08-13

I recently installed 0.10.2 on a new Thinkpad T400 and couldn't see the constellation lines either (previously not had a problem with an old v0.8 Uncle Milton version on a T43). I found that the lines were just too thin/faint so as to make them nearly invisible but have now set:

const_lines_color = 1.0,1.0,1.0

to make them white and can just about see them okay now (editted the config.ini in C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium). The only other option that would have been nice would have been to be able to make the lines thicker

• Ed F

Ed F - 2009-08-26

Thanks, Dom. I tried your suggestion and it worked. It would be nice to have them a bit thicker, but at least I can now see them.

• Alex Grainger

Alex Grainger - 2009-08-18

I just got 0.10.2 for the first time and at first i thought that the lines were not displaying but then i looked very closely and it turns out that they are just extremely faint. This happens on the constellation lines and also on all the different options under View > Markings > Celestial Sphere apart from the NESW markings.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-09-30

change the values in: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Stellarium\config\
    const_lines_color = 2.99,2.99,2.99 not great but suitable.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-02-01

hey dompedro.. perfect man... with your instructions now i can see the
    constellations. thank you

• taharial

taharial - 2012-08-21

You all are awesome, thanks!

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-11-17

It would be nice to make the lines thicker, they would show up better when projected as well.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments