Adding to Chinese Constellations/Sky Lore

Feedback
Annie
2012-08-14
2013-01-08
  • Annie

Annie - 2012-08-14

How do I add to the Chinese Constellations? It looks rather sparse, and the
    last forum activity on it was from 2006.

I just received my copy of "Chinese Ancient Star Map" by Chan Ki-hung of the
    Hong Kong Space Museum. I went to the program to observe the historical pole
    stars (for lack of a better term) and was a little dismayed that I had to hunt
    around to find what I wanted to observe.

Even if all I can add is bits at a time, it would be better than it sitting
    stagnant. :(

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2012-08-15

I think you mean artwork to the Chinese Constellations? Which license use for
    that artwork?

• Annie

Annie - 2012-08-21

No, I might the line art. I changed my location to the North Pole and am able
    to see some of what I was looking for. There's a few more asterisms inside of
    the Purple Palace Enclosure that don't have line art.

I'm not entirely sure where the constellation art came from in my book, but I
    know better than to just scan and copy without permission.

• Annie

Annie - 2013-01-08

I've added the line art for several asterisms to the Chinese Sky Culture. It's still not complete, however. How do I submit the files so they can be included in future versions? Or would you rather have me wait until I'm completely done doing the line art?

(Possibly painfully obvious, but line art = lines between the stars in an asterism/constellation.)

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2013-01-08

Well... you can run those simple steps (better way):
    1. Create branch from trunk - like bzr branch lp:stellarium-skycultures chinese
    2. Go to new directory - like cd chinese
    3. Add or updates files of new culture (for example you can look at any exist cultures)
    4. Add those files into your branch and publish it - like bzr add chinese && bzr push lp:~yourlogin/stellarium-skycultures/chinese
    5. Make proposed for merge your branch to trunk (if you mean then branch is complete)

or sent files to me.

• Annie

Annie - 2013-01-08

Thanks Alexander. :)

Since I'm working on this in spurts I think creating a branch is probably the best thing to do. I'll set up the branch this weekend -- if I need help I'll log into the IRC channel.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks