How do I add to the Chinese Constellations? It looks rather sparse, and the
last forum activity on it was from 2006.
I just received my copy of "Chinese Ancient Star Map" by Chan Ki-hung of the
Hong Kong Space Museum. I went to the program to observe the historical pole
stars (for lack of a better term) and was a little dismayed that I had to hunt
around to find what I wanted to observe.
Even if all I can add is bits at a time, it would be better than it sitting
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
I think you mean artwork to the Chinese Constellations? Which license use for
No, I might the line art. I changed my location to the North Pole and am able
to see some of what I was looking for. There's a few more asterisms inside of
the Purple Palace Enclosure that don't have line art.
I'm not entirely sure where the constellation art came from in my book, but I
know better than to just scan and copy without permission.
I've added the line art for several asterisms to the Chinese Sky Culture. It's still not complete, however. How do I submit the files so they can be included in future versions? Or would you rather have me wait until I'm completely done doing the line art?
(Possibly painfully obvious, but line art = lines between the stars in an asterism/constellation.)
Well... you can run those simple steps (better way):
1. Create branch from trunk - like bzr branch lp:stellarium-skycultures chinese
2. Go to new directory - like cd chinese
3. Add or updates files of new culture (for example you can look at any exist cultures)
4. Add those files into your branch and publish it - like bzr add chinese && bzr push lp:~yourlogin/stellarium-skycultures/chinese
5. Make proposed for merge your branch to trunk (if you mean then branch is complete)
or sent files to me.
Thanks Alexander. :)
Since I'm working on this in spurts I think creating a branch is probably the best thing to do. I'll set up the branch this weekend -- if I need help I'll log into the IRC channel.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter: