Stellarium 0.13.0 just wont start

Feedback
Peter
2014-07-29
2015-01-30
  • Peter

Peter - 2014-07-29

When I try to start Stellarium 0.13.0 using Windows 7 64 bit it tells me to insert a disk. If I knew how to do I would attach the log and a screendump.

• Anonymous - 2014-08-06

It has to be something to do with the Windows July 2014 updates. I have Windows 8.1 64 bit and finally ran all July updates today....and low and behold now I am getting the please insert disk error message. If I hit "continue" it does take me to Stellarium however.

• Anonymous - 2014-07-29

I have the same problem. Stellarium 0.13.0, Windows 7 x64
    At run get message with critical error icon:
    stellarium.exe - No Disk
    "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2."
    Cancel | Try Again | Continue

• Anonymous - 2014-08-04

Same here. Stellarium 0.13.0 using windows 7 64 bit

• Anonymous - 2014-08-05

It has to be something to do with the Windows July 2014 updates. I have Windows 8.1 64 bit and finally ran all July updates today....and low and behold now I am getting the please insert disk error message. If I hit "continue" it does take me to Stellarium however.

• Anonymous - 2014-08-08

Stupid crap won't work

• Anonymous - 2014-08-09

Any clues how to get rid of the "no disk" message, clicking through each time is irritating

• Anonymous - 2014-08-10

I gave up and reinstalled 0.12.4 - No more error messages. With 0.13.0 I had to click on 'continue' 8 times to get to the program.

(64bit Win 8.1, all updates etc.)

• Anonymous - 2014-08-12

I just installed 0.13.0 today and initially didn't have any problems; however, after I ejected a blue-ray disc, I got the message when I started Stellarium. None of the buttons worked, it just kept popping up the no disk dialog.

I put a disc back in the blue-ray drive and Stellarium started without any problems.

I haven't done any research yet, but my guess is it's a problem with Stellarium and not Windows although I couldn't find anything in the data files or registry where it was storing information on the drives on the system.

If you're getting the error and can't continue, you might want to see if there's a removable drive that's empty and try putting something in it.

• Anonymous - 2014-09-28

This is an issue for me too. Brand new Windows 8.1 system -- only a day old -- and brand new Stellarium 0.13.0 installation.

The Operating System is on C:, which is an SSD, not a removable drive. I do keep my applications on a separate hard disk (D: drive) but other than that it is a standard installation.

The error points to the F: drive, which in my case is a card slot. I have not even used it yet.

I have been using Stellarium for years and this is such a stupid error. Not happy.

• Anonymous - 2014-10-04

I don't believe this has anything to do with Windows updates. I'm running WinXP (!) and recently upgraded to 0.13.0. No problems until today. I used Nero (on a non-privileged user account) to create a data CD. Then started Stellarium and got this no disk error; the message was pointing to one (of two) CD & DVD drives (F?). I logged out of the user account, then logged back in; same error. Then rebooted WinXP; no error & no problem. IMO, using a CD/DVD drive is triggering something in Stellarium causing this error message.

• Anonymous - 2014-10-05

Re my previous post ... Nero is a red herring. I duplicated the error again. All I did was load a CD into drive F, looked at a folder, then ejected the CD. Stellarium fails with "There is no disk in the drive ..." error box. The last 4 lines in the log (when the box appears) are ...

Loaded 89 / 89 constellation names
    Loading constellation boundary data ...
    Loaded 782 constellation boundary segments
    Intializing basic GL shaders...

Screen capture and log file is attached.
    My email is sean97 at rocketmail dot com.
    If anyone wants to contact me, please include Stellarium in subject line.

• Anonymous - 2014-10-21

I can replicate this error. Stellarium starts just fine normally. But if I plug in a usb card reader or external drive, I get the no-disk-in-the-drive error. Pressing cancel on the box numerous times finally will clear it. Just downloaded today, 13.1, and Win 7 x32. Unplug the device, starts up fine. tmwellington

• Anonymous - 2015-01-29

I running Windows 7 (32 bit) Enterprise SP1, and I also have DAEMON Tools Pro installed.

I was running Stellarium 0.12.4 (I think) just fine with the above system. when I upgraded to 0.13 it ran ok first couple of times. I tried again, and I get the same error.

I have since realised that when I upgraded, I had a virtual disk loaded (Deamon tool put it in drive F). I have since ejected the mounted disk, and that's when I get the error (because when you eject the disk, drive 'F' magically disappears). If I remount the disk, Stellarium works ok. unmounts it again, Error the first time I run but then subsequently its ok!!!! Don't know if this will help, but its another piece in the puzzle. cheers

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks