Null Pointer Exception

Help
Brian Mars
2008-06-01
2013-04-25
  • Brian Mars

Brian Mars - 2008-06-01

Greetings,

I am receiving a null pointer exception during the logfile parsing stage. As it is retrieving the diffs, the log file shows:

svn diff 299/10982 on r59896 (62 ms.) main
             ui/src/dingo/includes/contentviewer.css, on r59896, +107 -0
    svn diff 300/10982 on r65867 (60 ms.) main
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at net.sf.statsvn.input.SvnLogfileParser$PerRevDiffTask.run(SvnLogfileParser.java:784)
            at net.sf.statsvn.input.SvnLogfileParser.executeTask(SvnLogfileParser.java:216)
            at net.sf.statsvn.input.SvnLogfileParser.handleLineCounts(SvnLogfileParser.java:201)
            at net.sf.statsvn.input.SvnLogfileParser.parse(SvnLogfileParser.java:343)
            at net.sf.statsvn.Main.generateDefaultHTMLSuite(Main.java:278)
            at net.sf.statsvn.Main.generateDefaultHTMLSuite(Main.java:240)
            at net.sf.statsvn.Main.generate(Main.java:115)
            at net.sf.statsvn.Main.main(Main.java:81)

• Jason Kealey

Jason Kealey - 2008-06-01

By any chance, do you have any revisions which are property changes only? I just committed some code yesterday with this fix and will be putting the new archive only soon.

• Brian Mars

Brian Mars - 2008-06-01

Not sure. I am using the package to do forensics on an third party codebase in association with legal discovery. I was just about to download the source for statsvn and set a break to see what the underlying cause was.

• Jason Kealey

You can either download&run the latest version of the code, wait until we package the next jar, or try the -force-legacy-diff option to circumvent this issue.

Thanks,
        Jason

• Brian Mars

Brian Mars - 2008-06-01

Running from source I see that the of the three element Object[] returned from repositoryFileManager.getRevisionDiff(newRevision), the first element (filename) is null, which is causing the error.

• Jason Kealey

And you downloaded the source within the last 6 hours?

• Jason Kealey

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks