eqvivalent web interface for STAXMon

Help
vivekmedur
2004-09-23
2013-06-12
  • vivekmedur

vivekmedur - 2004-09-23

Hi All,
      Is there any eqvivalent web interface for STAXMon. Is any where I can get a web interface for STAF/STAX so that STAF can be executed remotely. CAn any one has chaged STAXMon in to applet so that it can be run on web.
    Please help me in this regard.
    Thank you
    Vivek Basappa

• Sharon Lucas

Sharon Lucas - 2004-09-27

We don't provide a web interface for STAXMon.  However, I know of others who have written a front-end to provide the ability to submit STAX jobs via the web and provide some monitoring capability. 

Note that the STAX Monitor submits requests to the STAX service to EXECUTE, LIST, and QUERY jobs.

• vivekmedur

vivekmedur - 2004-09-29

Can you tell me where can I see those front-end. I want to ask them how they have done.

• Sharon Lucas

Sharon Lucas - 2004-09-29

The website that they use to submit STAX jobs for execution and to monitor STAX jobs/logs is an internal IBM website that you cannot get to outside of IBM.

• Ryan Nowakowski

Ryan Nowakowski - 2004-10-13

I'm in the middle of doing one from scratch.  Is there any way you could get them to release the web interface as GPL?  It would sure save me some time.

• Sharon Lucas

Sharon Lucas - 2004-10-13

The IBM Linux Technology Center has a Linux Test project (http://ltp.sourceforge.net) on SourceForge.  They call their STAF/STAX web interface WHEE.  You can download whee-1.0.tar.gz from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3382.

The owner of this project said:  "Please keep in mind, that this is the old version of WHEE and does not have the same functionality with the latest version (which can't be made available at this time due to some IBM internal customization).   However, the whee-1.0.tar.gz will allow the user to submit a stax job and monitor it from the web interface." 

• Mayura

Mayura - 2012-11-20

we are trying to use WHEE for web based monitoring. we are facing problem in opening WHEE website, http://matrix.ltc.austin.ibm.com/verify_client.php .  is there any updated web url? . Also is there any documnet on using WHEE. Please help.

Thanks in Advance.

• Sharon Lucas

Sharon Lucas - 2012-11-20

See my previous postings in this topic on WHEE  from 2004-10-13 on where an old version of WHEE (v1.0) can be downloaded.  The comment made there so applies as far as I know where the owner of this project said:  "Please keep in mind, that this is the old version of WHEE and does not have the same functionality with the latest version (which can't be made available at this time due to some IBM internal customization)."

We do not provide an open-source STAX web monitoring tool.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks