I have some embedded devices attached by CAN bus. Is STAF a suitable software package for functional testing of such devices?
STAF does not currently support being run on any embedded operating systems.
Section "1.1 Requirements" in the STAF User's Guide at http://staf.sourceforge.net/current/STAFUG.htm#HDRREQUIREMENTS says:
STAF is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003 (i386, x86_64, IA64)
- Windows Vista (i386, x86_64)
- Windows Server 2008 (i386, x86_64, IA64)
- Windows 7 (i386, x86_64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x86_64, IA64)
- Windows 8 (i386, x86_64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x86_64)
- Linux (i386, x86_64, PPC64)
- Linux on zSeries (31-bit, 64-bit)
- AIX 6.1 and higher (32-bit, 64-bit)
- IBM i 7.1 and higher (32-bit, 64-bit), previously known as i5/OS or OS/400
- z/OS UNIX 1.4 and higher (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.6 and higher (Universal binary with support for i386, x86_64, and ppc)
- Solaris (Sparc 32-bit) 10 and higher
- Solaris (Sparc 64-bit) 10 and higher
- Solaris (AMD Opteron 64-bit) 10 and higher
- Solaris (x86) 10 and higher
- HP-UX 11.11 and higher (PA-RISC) 32-bit and 64-bit
- HP-UX 11.31 and higher (IA64) 32-bit and 64-bit
- FreeBSD 7.4 and higher (i386)
My apologies, I was very unclear.
I want to test an embedded device connected to a computer via CAN bus. The testing software would run on the computer, and send CAN messages to the embedded device. The responses from the embedded device would then be interpreted by the testing software.
STAF can be used to run most any command via its PROCESS service so you could run your tests via STAF.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.