Have just installed staden packages on fedora core 7 i386 and experienced several issues that took a whole lot of tinkering to fix. Here's the recipe that worked for me (I compile in user ~/Download/staden... , then moved the unix dist to /usr/local/share/staden/)
1) Download & unpack source
2) Edit staden.profile (to reflect src directory i.e. uncomment STADENROOT=... line and change directory to point to your root of staden source)
3) source staden.profile
4) If g77 compat libraries are not installed - yum install compat-gcc-34-g77.i386
5) ** ln -s /lib/libg2c.so.0.0.0 /lib/libg2c.so **
6) ** cd $STADENROOT/home/ir210/Download/staden-src-1-7-0/course/texi
7) ** mv *.texi *.texi.bak
8) ** mv course.texi.bak course.texi # one course.texi is required to stop compile complaints
9) cd $STADENROOT/src
10) make -f Makefile.thirdparty
11) cd ..
13) make distunix
14) ** sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/share/staden
15) ** sudo cp -a $STADENROOT/distrib/unix-rel-1-7-0 /usr/local/share/staden/
16) ** Edit staden.profile of /usr/local/share/staden/unix-rel-1-7-0 to set STADENROOT to new dist loction
17) ** sudo ln -s /usr/local/share/staden/unix-rel-1-7-0/staden.profile /etc/profiles.d/staden.sh
18) That's it you are done. Thanks to the developers. This is a really useful package
stuff with ** are very much solutions to my install specific problems, but should give you some ideas to resolve various problems that you encounter. Of note, step 5 - fixed -libg2c not found problem. Googling suggests that compat-gcc-34-g77 doesn't create the symlink, while steps 6-8 fixed a failure to compile course documentation in texinfo format [exercise1.texi has a bug] (I got rid of it!) step 16 puts a symlink to staden.profile in the /etc/profile.d/ to ensure that all users get access to the programs.
Hope this helps someone.
I have problem with step 3.
I am installing staden-1.7.0 on a P4, 1GB RAM FC9. The terminal crashes during execution of $source staden.profile.
Is there anyone else experiencing this problem? What should I do to overcome this? Should I source it as root?
Is there a write up on the installation somewhere?
Is the file init_tar.1.texi missing or was it supposed to be generated?
cd manual; make
make: Entering directory `/home/root/Download/Staden1.7.0/staden-src-1-7-0/doc/manual'
m4 -Uunix -D_unix -D_tex < manual.texi > manual_unix.texinfo
m4:manpages-t.texi:79: cannot open `init_tar.1.texi': No such file or directory
make: *** [manual_unix.texinfo] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/root/Download/Staden1.7.0/staden-src-1-7-0/doc/manual'
make: *** [all] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/root/Download/Staden1.7.0/staden-src-1-7-0/doc'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I could not find file init_tar.1.texi in CVS too.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.