gap4 crash when opening join editor

2005-01-19
2013-04-18
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I usually use gap4 in linux, but recently installed staden-windows-1-5-3.msi on my windows laptop.

The contig editor works fine, and I can see the traces from scf files when I double click (so I think I have trace files in the correct place), but gap4 crashes (complete with the sending of an error report to Microsoft) when I try to open the join editor. The same project seems to work fine in our linux installation (staden-linux-rel-1-4).

The list of potential joins is reported correctly, but no error messages come up.

The crash occurs whether I try to open the join editor by double clicking in the contig comparator or by using "next". I have tried default and other settings for the internal join view on more than one different project; expert and beginner mode; and increasing the maximum sequence and database sizes prior to viewing internal joins.

all the best

Douda

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm having a similar problem with join editor. gap4 freezes when align is clicked. I am using:
      - staden Version rel-1-5-3.
      - debian sarge linux.
      Is there any work around for this problem?
      Thanks for you help.

Jose Blanca

• James Bonfield

James Bonfield - 2005-01-20

Can you please add both of these into the bug tracking system please.

For the "align" freeze, how long are the contigs you are trying to join? I've noticed that it can still take some time on very long contigs.

James

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks