Cannot resize contig-editor

Gunter
2005-10-12
2013-04-18
  • Gunter

Gunter - 2005-10-12

Hallo,

we are running Staden on Mac OS X Tiger with Mac with a wide screen (using the Apple X11). The problem is, that we cannot increase the size of the contig editor - it seems to be limited to the size of the 'normal' screen so we can't make use of the new monitor.

When we change the size of the window, it snaps back to the original size almost immediately - this does not happen with other windows.

I suspect that there is a setting wrong with X11, but I have no idea what I could do to change this behaviour.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Gunter

• James Bonfield

James Bonfield - 2005-10-14

I apologise for this. It's been like it for ages and will remain so until I give the editor a big overhaul.

In theory it's possible to allow the Y dimension to be controlled by the program and the X dimension by the user. In practice this either doesn't work (as is the current case) or worse it works on some machine while totally breaking things on others.

In the long term I want to remove the auto-resizing in Y for the editor by putting the consensus at the top and just letting the user decide how large the window should be. It's defintiely the "right way" to handle window sizing, but it'll take some time before I can commit myself to these changes as it's a non-trivial restructuring.

James

• James Bonfield

James Bonfield - 2005-10-14

One thing I forgot... the default size can be changed outside of the program. See the $STADENROOT/tables/gaprc file. There's a definition of:

set_def CONTIG_EDITOR.SEQ_WIDTH         80

You can either edit the master copy there or just put this line in your own ~/.gaprc file (with appropriate edits).

James

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks