• nmruconn

nmruconn - 2005-09-19

Level 2: DB_Load /Users/joerggraf/staden/Aero2/Aero.3.aux
    Level 1: Gap_Open -1
    Mon 19 Sep 10:02:10 2005 SYSMSG : Unknown error: 0 [22]
    Mon 19 Sep 10:02:10 2005 ERROR  : invalid arguments [12]
    Mon 19 Sep 10:02:10 2005 COMMENT: reading text 109236
    Mon 19 Sep 10:02:10 2005 FILE   : g-request.c:941
    Gap4 has found an unrecoverable error - These are usually bugs.
    Please email all bug reports to staden-package@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk.
    Bus error

How do I fix this so I can use Gap4??? Thanks in advance.

• James Bonfield

James Bonfield - 2005-09-20

Unfortunately it probably means that for some reason or other your gap4 database is corrupted and/or inconsistent.

You may be able to use "copy_db -v -f Aero.3 Aero.X" to try and copy all the valid bits to a new database leaving an uncorrupted, but possibly still logicially inconsistent (sometimes easier to fix) database, but it all depends on the nature of the fault.

Do you have any hints as to what happened to cause this? Lack of disk space? Crash at a bad time? Or just normal usage? The Aero.3.log file should give hints as to what you were doing before hand.

James

• nmruconn

nmruconn - 2005-09-21

I really don't know what triggered it. I used the program successfully last week. I went to open the program on Monday and got this error message. Noone else in the lab claims to have used it between the last time I exited the program and when I tried to open it again.

If I try to use the code you mentioned. How and where do I do that? I am not familar with code. Would I do this in the terminal window after I am in the staden directory?

Also, what am I looking for in the Aero.3.log file that might help to decipher this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
      Natasha

• James Bonfield

James Bonfield - 2005-09-22

Any error messages for starters (assuming they are from before the corruption). Also it lists when databases are opened and closed, so you can check for whether someone deleted a BUSY file and opened it again before the previous user had closed the database. (Despite sounding like an obvious - to me - issue, that causes more problems than I care to imagine.)

I'm happy to take a look at your .log file too if you wish to send it to me (jkbonfield at users.sourceforge.net). It's not going to get your database back of course, but it may help to pinpoint the cause of the problem so I can fix a bug to stop it happening again or point out another likely cause.

James

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks