0.6 release of SSI is getting close to release (hopefully
next week). Some of high points include:
1. based on 2.4.16
2. integrated with openGFS 0.1 (Christoph is very close to
3. include 0.0.92 of GNDB
4. greatly improved installation and booting of non-initial
node. Brian will put out the new instructions, which
involve netboot for non-initial-node installation
as well as optional netboot for booting all the time.
5. process load leveling, using a variant of the Mosix load
leveling algorithm; Laura will put out a note on
what this provides and how it is different than Mosix
6. support for alpha processor (some last minute work needed
by Aneesh and John to get this integrated but we expect
to get it in).
7. initial UML support (Kitrick will have at least some support;
not sure how much yet).
8. new version of CI (Cluster Infrastructure 0.6) with a better
node detection mechanism, a cleaner way to integrate other
kernel subsystems. Kai will provide documentation of the
9. better way to set up networking on the non-initial node
(currently only the interconnect networking is up on
those node); Kai will describe what will be there.
10. initial version of LVS integration; again, Kai will
11. initial checkin of some CFS (Cluster Filesystem) code;
this won't be buildable yet
12. Support for Debian (thanks Aneesh)
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.