Today i tested the CVS code base on a clean system freshly installed(
Debian woody Alpha Linux ) with and with out SSI kernel. I tested it
with the latest changes that we made to build system and with file
location.These are the steps i followed.
1) Build the SSI kernel
2) Build the cluster-tools ( using GNU build environment with
halvs,util-linux and with --prefix=/ )
3) Install cluster-tools
4) run debian installation script ( ./install-deb-initscripts )
5) Copy the files as indicated by the script output ( ie create
/cluster/nodenum1 directory and copy needed files )
6) run ./configure_cluster ( without any argument ) It is ok the script
will say unknown distribution at the end. We have taken care of that in
the make install of cluster-tools.
8) install kernel and initial ramdisk
10) ./clusterfstab.pl /etc/fstab.ssi ( Import from already existing
11) reboot again.
That's it now in a cluster with / exported via CFS.