rcssmonitor make problems

Help
2006-07-12
2012-10-16
  • AI_geeencee

AI_geeencee - 2006-07-12

I'm running ubuntu on a AMD64 system. I get the following output when I run 'make' on rcssmonitor 10.0.0. The server and base code has installed fine. Any ideas?

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -Wall -g -O2 -MT 2dview.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/2dview.Tpo" -c -o 2dview.o 2dview.C; \ then mv -f ".deps/2dview.Tpo" ".deps/2dview.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/2dview.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    display_base.h:28: warning: ‘struct DisplayObject’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
    display_base.h:38: warning: ‘class DisplayBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
    menu_base.h:23: warning: ‘class MenuBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
    maplist.h: In member function ‘void KeyMap_LayerList<T>::print()’:
    maplist.h:212: error: ‘cout’ was not declared in this scope
    visobject.h: At global scope:
    visobject.h:38: warning: ‘class VisualObject2d’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
    builder_base.h:34: warning: ‘class BuilderBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
    builder_direct.h:28: warning: ‘class BuilderDirect’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
    input_dev.h:70: warning: ‘class InputDevice’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
    smonitor_dev.h:193: error: ‘VisualField::FIELD_LENGTH’ cannot appear in a constant-expression
    smonitor_dev.h:194: error: ‘VisualField::FIELD_WIDTH’ cannot appear in a constant-expression
    smonitor_dev.h:196: error: ‘VisualField::hlen’ cannot appear in a constant-expression
    smonitor_dev.h:196: error: ‘VisualField::FIELD_PENALTY_AREA_LENGTH’ cannot appear in a constant-expression
    smonitor_dev.h:197: error: ‘VisualField::FIELD_PENALTY_AREA_WIDTH’ cannot appear in a constant-expression
    smonitor_dev.h:198: error: ‘VisualField::hlen’ cannot appear in a constant-expression
    smonitor_dev.h:198: error: ‘VisualField::FIELD_GOAL_AREA_LENGTH’ cannot appear in a constant-expression
    smonitor_dev.h:199: error: ‘VisualField::FIELD_GOAL_AREA_WIDTH’ cannot appear in a constant-expression
    ascii_dev.h:31: warning: ‘class AsciiDevice’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
    2dview.C:106: error: explicit qualification in declaration of bool Options::set_defaults()' 2dview.C:107: error: explicit qualification in declaration ofbool Options::process_options(ValueParser&)'
    make[2]: [2dview.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory /home/dhooper/Desktop/rcssbase-10.0.11/rcssmonitor-10.0.0/src' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/dhooper/Desktop/rcssbase-10.0.11/rcssmonitor-10.0.0'
    make:
    [all] Error 2

• BS

BS - 2006-08-18

32 bits. I had exact make problem as AI_geeencee posted on 2006-07-12 03:20 - i tried to compile rcssmonitor-10.0.0. Couldn't find solution so tried to install rcssmonitor_classic-10.0.0 - succesfully.

• AI_geeencee

AI_geeencee - 2006-08-19

I had to make some minor code changes, such as moving all those declarations to just under the include statements. There were some others, but that was where I started. I think most of the problems came from gcc 4.0 vs gcc 3.2.

• AI_geeencee

AI_geeencee - 2006-07-21

Disregard--I figured that out. However, now that it runs, the left side of my field is invisible. The game still plays fine, but I'm only able to see one half of my field.

• BS

BS - 2006-08-17

How did You resolve this problem? Thanks for info.
        bart

• Fredrik Johansson

Do you use a 64 bits processor with a 64 bits OS? In that case, look at the respons he gave me :)

• Fredrik Johansson

Were you able to solve your second problem? Or has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm using a very similar invironment (AMD64, if that matters, and kubuntu) and get the same problem. I can se the players and the ball in the lower half of the right side, if they run out of that area they become invisible. But as for you, the game still plays fine.

• AI_geeencee

AI_geeencee - 2006-08-04

I figured it out. There is no compatibility with 64-bit OS's yet, it would seem. I changed to the 32-bit version of Ubuntu and it runs fine and I can see the players over the whole field. Any ideas about when 64-bit capability will be coming?

• Fredrik Johansson

To change to the 32-bit version you just change the kernel through the package manager, right?

• AI_geeencee

AI_geeencee - 2006-08-04

Well, that's not what I did. I actually burned a new 32 bit isofile to a CD and did the full install there. If you'd prefer to to a bit of tinkering, I saw a way to set up a 32-bit environment within the 64-bit OS. Try http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=24575. (make sure that you change all instances of "hoary" to your version of kubuntu: dapper if you're using 6.06). Otherwise, I'm not sure how to work in the 32-bit capability.

• Fredrik Johansson

Thank you for your help AI_geeencee! I did as you and reinstalled the entire distro and everything works great now!

• Atif

Atif - 2006-08-11

Hi Guys!
      i m using ubuntu5.10 on i686 and have installed server and base.
      'Make' failed with number of following errors...
      if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -Wall -g -O2 -MT field.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/field.Tpo" -c -o field.o field.C; \ then mv -f ".deps/field.Tpo" ".deps/field.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/field.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
      field.C:41:27: error: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
      field.C:42:28: error: X11/StringDefs.h: No such file or directory
      field.C:43:23: error: X11/Shell.h: No such file or directory
      field.C:44:29: error: X11/Xaw/Command.h: No such file or directory
      field.C:45:26: error: X11/Xaw/Form.h: No such file or directory
      field.C:46:25: error: X11/Xaw/Box.h: No such file or directory
      field.C:47:31: error: X11/Xaw/AsciiText.h: No such file or directory
      netif.h:88: error: ‘Bool’ does not name a type
      netif.h:89: error: ‘Bool’ does not name a type
      object.h:49: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘Display’ with no type
      object.h:49: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘’ token
      object.h:50: error: ‘Window’ does not name a type
      object.h:66: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘Display’ with no type
      object.h:66: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘
      ’ token
      object.h:67: error: ‘Window’ does not name a type
      object.h:68: error: ‘Window’ does not name a type
      object.h:74: error: ‘Pixmap’ does not name a type
      object.h:75: error: ‘Dimension’ does not name a type
      object.h:79: error: ‘GC’ does not name a type
      object.h:80: error: ‘GC’ does not name a type
      object.h:81: error: ‘GC’ does not name a type
      object.h:82: error: ‘GC’ does not name a type
      object.h:83: error: ‘GC’ does not name a type
      object.h:84: error: ‘GC’ does not name a type
      object.h:85: error: ‘GC’ does not name a type
      field.h:62: error: ‘Widget’ does not name a type
      field.h:63: error: ‘Widget’ does not name a type
      field.h:64: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘Display’ with no type
      field.h:64: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
      field.h:65: error: ‘Window’ does not name a type
      field.h:66: error: ‘GC’ does not name a type
      field.h:67: error: ‘Pixmap’ does not name a type
      field.h:68: error: ‘Pixmap’ does not name a type
      field.h:77: error: ‘Bool’ does not name a type
      field.h:80: error: ‘Widget’ has not been declared
      field.h:82: error: ‘Bool’ does not name a type
      field.h:97: error: ‘XtAppContext’ does not name a type

what can be reason ..???

• AI_geeencee

AI_geeencee - 2006-08-14

I think you're missing the appropriate X libraries. Open the synaptic package manager and select just about anything with "libx" at the beginning. This should fix it.

• Amir  Rached

Amir Rached - 2010-11-04

make: Entering directory /home/amir/Downloads/rcssmonitor-14.1.0/src' g++ -W -Wall -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -DUSE_GLWIDGET -g -O2 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib -o rcssmonitor rcssmonitor-parser.o rcssmonitor-types.o rcssmonitor-util.o rcssmonitor-angle_deg.o rcssmonitor-ball_painter.o rcssmonitor-circle_2d.o rcssmonitor-config_dialog.o rcssmonitor-disp_holder.o rcssmonitor- draw_info_painter.o rcssmonitor-field_canvas.o rcssmonitor-field_painter.o rcssmonitor-line_2d.o rcssmonitor-log_player.o rcssmonitor-main_window.o rcssmonitor-monitor_client.o rcssmonitor-options.o rcssmonitor- player_painter.o rcssmonitor-player_type_dialog.o rcssmonitor- score_board_painter.o rcssmonitor-team_graphic.o rcssmonitor- team_graphic_painter.o rcssmonitor-vector_2d.o rcssmonitor-main.o rcssmonitor- moc_config_dialog.o rcssmonitor-moc_field_canvas.o rcssmonitor- moc_log_player.o rcssmonitor-moc_main_window.o rcssmonitor- moc_monitor_client.o rcssmonitor-moc_player_type_dialog.o -lboost_program_options-mt -pthread -lQtNetwork -lQtOpenGL -lGL -lQtGui -laudio -lXt -lpng -lgobject-2.0 -lSM -lICE -lXrender -lfreetype -lXext -lX11 -lQtCore -lfontconfig -lpthread -lz -lm -ldl -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lglib-2.0 -lz -lm /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgobject-2.0 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving directory/home/amir/Downloads/rcssmonitor-14.1.0/src'
    make: Error 1
    make: Leaving directory `/home/amir/Downloads/rcssmonitor-14.1.0'
    make:
    Error 2
    I got this error ..any suggestions ???

• Hidehisa Akiyama

If you use ubuntu, install libglib2.0-dev.

• Amir  Rached

Amir Rached - 2010-11-04

Thanks a lot you have been most helpful