Error while installing Robocup server on Mac

Help
Siddharth
2013-12-26
2014-04-15
  • Siddharth

Siddharth - 2013-12-26

Hello,

I'm new to programming and was trying to build the binaries of rcssserver-15.2.2. However, this error cropped up:

ld: library not found for -lrcssclangparser
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    make[3]: [rcssserver] Error 1
    make[2]:
    [all] Error 2
    make[1]: [all-recursive] Error 1
    make:
    [all] Error 2

I'm not sure what libraries do I need to install. I already have an updated Xcode which takes care of all C++ libraries (I thought..).

Many thanks and regards.

• Nick James

Nick James - 2014-03-20

I've added RoboCup to Homebrew for OSX, so that's probably the easiest way for you to get the soccer server installed on a Mac.

One Homebrew is installed, just run the following commands (depending on what you want to install).

$ brew install rcssserver
    $ brew install rcssmonitor
    $ brew install rcsslogplayer

• Alexander Whillas

Hey thats great!
    Only problem is I get this error when trying to compile, ether via homebrew or downloading the latest stable release:

configure: error: Could not find a version of the library!

If it told you which library it could not find that might help a little :-/

• Nick James

Nick James - 2014-04-14

That's homebrew hiding the details from you I suspect. Try again specifying --verbose. Hopefully that'll show you what's wrong. It should just work though, it's been tested on lion, mountain lion and mavericks over at http://bot.brew.sh.

• Alexander Whillas

Hey thanks for getting back to me so quickly Nick! I'm on Snow Leopard and it seems that brew didn't link boost properly so:

brew link boost

fixed it and it compiled. I'm getting this error now when trying to build the monitor application:

ld: library not found for -lpng

which png lib is it looking for?

• Alexander Whillas

Actually, its all good. I figured out I needed to force Brew to override the OSX version of libpng like so:

brew link --overwrite libpng --force

• Nick James

Nick James - 2014-04-15

I wonder if Snow Leopard ships an older version of that library than the versions Homebrew tests with? Still, at least you've got it working :)