From: Luke Ehresman <luke@us...> - 2000-01-17 20:12:42
The performance problem we're running into is simply sorting of 2000
messages. The sorting takes place in functions/array.php if anyone wants
to take a look at it and improve it. We doit this way so we can sort by
"From" and "Subject". I think the most efficient way to sort is to only
do it by date. What we could do is translate everything into timestamps
(alredy have done that) and just sort by that, not worrying about From or
Subject. I'm not sure how much of a performance boost this will give us.
In my opinion, here are the order of things that need added (just my
1. Address book capabilities.
- good LDAP support
- hopefully Netscape Roaming Profiles too
- Maybe create our own way of storing (LDAP?)
2. Fix the horrible way messages are being sorted
3. Take advantage of PHP4's session management
- this would mean making MySQL a requirement
- this would get rid of the data/ directory (GOOD!!)
4. Other things mensioned earlier...
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.