I am an active user of Squirrel SQL. I noticed that someone has
requested a Java Web Start feature, and I think it would be useful too.
I'm not too sure on what the procedure is for becoming involved on open
source projects, or submitting 'patches'. Maybe someone can fill me in,
or send me a link.
Anyway, what I have done is:
1. Created a new Ant task to prepare and sign the relevant JAR files
2. Created a preliminary version of "squirrel.jnlp"
3. Tested from my own local web server
Everything seems to work fairly well. The assumptions I have used are:
1. The jnlp file, and the JARs, the logo will get deployed to
2. A signing key has been created called "squirrel"
3. The keystore is located at "./build/keystore"
To create the new key and keystore, I used the following command line:
keytool -genkey -alias squirrel -keystore keystore
I think that is it. I have attached the new build.xml and squirrel.jnlp
What can I do next to help getting this installed and running the