#951 On export to Excel, values in some rows are overwritten

3.2.1
closed-fixed
None
5
2011-03-15
2011-02-08
Anonymous
No

See the files contained in the attached ZIP archive. Both files were produced by selecting Export CSV / MS Excel / XML... from the context menu. Compare the values in the first column of export.xls versus export.csv. You will see that in the XLS version, the values are not correct, and in many cases are repeated.

Discussion

  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2011-03-08

    Easy re-creation using this:

    SELECT 44764304 AS MyID
    UNION
    SELECT 44764303 AS MyID
    UNION
    SELECT 44764302 AS MyID
    UNION
    SELECT 44764301 AS MyID
    UNION
    SELECT 44764300 AS MyID

    Output in result window:

    44764300
    44764301
    44764302
    44764303
    44764304

    Output in excel:

    MyID
    44764300
    44764300
    44764304
    44764304
    44764304

     
  • Stefan Willinger

    Hello,
    sorry, but I cant reproduce this.

    I have tried this with an updated Squirrel 3.2.1 (optional) under Windows XP and Ubuntu using a Sun Java 6 Runtime, Oracle XE and MySql 5.1 (only Ubuntu). And every time I have tried this - it works fine. I used both available format settings.

    Which Database did you use? Have you another tips to reproduce this?
    Stefan

     
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2011-03-08

    Using Ubuntu 10.10, Sun Java 6, connecting to SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2000, PostgreSql 8.4. I have opened the resulting .xls file in both open office and google docs to confirm that it's not just an OO bug, and the same results appear in google docs. I'll test on WinXP shortly.

     
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2011-03-08

    Also occurs on Win XP, with Sun Java 6 u24. However, since you mentioned format settings I tried with 'Use default formatting' and the problem did NOT occur (both on XP and Ubuntu 10.10). If I switch back to 'Use formatting as configured in Global Prefs' the problem occurs again, on both platforms.

     
  • Stefan Willinger

    Using Ubuntu 10.10 and PostgreSQL 8.4 (fresh installed from Synaptic), I can reproduce this bug .
    Now the work can begin :-)
    Stefan

     
  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Fixed in SVN.

    Stefan

     
  • Stefan Willinger

    • assigned_to: nobody --> wis775
    • status: open --> closed-fixed
     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks