2010-06-29
2013-05-14
  • Karim Sharif

Karim Sharif - 2010-06-29

Welcome to Help

• hfrmobile

hfrmobile - 2011-08-16

Just tried using it but got:

Which versions of Notepad++ are supported. Is this project still active?

-Harald-René Flasch (aka hfrmobile)

• Karim Sharif

Karim Sharif - 2011-08-16

The current version of the plugin only supports the last (not latest) unicode version.

A new version is currently being worked on, and the project is very active. Most users are experiencing issues with installation and Aspell support. Aspell on Windows is woefully outdated, and will not support 64 (which we are moving towards). As a solutions, we've decided to re-work the back end using a fork of hunspell, which will encompass all dependencies statically, so the plugin install will be a simple drop of the dll.

This is allot of work, and the project is part time… look for an update in the September / October time frame.

• hfrmobile

hfrmobile - 2011-08-19

The current version of the plugin only supports the last (not latest) unicode version.

Maybe it will be easier for the users if you provide a list of Notepad++ versions which are supported?

Aspell on Windows is woefully outdated, and will not support 64

I am using Aspell under a Windows 7 64bit and it works fine…

This is allot of work, and the project is part time… look for an update in the September / October time frame.

I understand that it must be lot of work (developing & testing) since I am a developer too. Ok, I'll be patient and wait until September/October :-)

• Karim Sharif

Karim Sharif - 2011-08-19

Great! we can always use some help to. What's your skill set? Do you know a c++? If so, would you mind doing some debugging?

• hfrmobile

hfrmobile - 2011-08-24

Sorry for the delay. Also having C/C++ knowledge but the main focus is on C#/.NET! They only missing thing at the moment is "time" …. I am busy in my job and my own projects (hfrmobile.com).

What environment (Visual Studio, etc.) should I have for debugging the plug-in?

• Karim Sharif

Karim Sharif - 2011-09-04

I Use QtCreator & the QT SDK as the development environment. Additionally:
    - I rebuild the SDK to get a static build
    - I compressed the resulting dll to make it a reasonable size

You can check out the project using subversion with the following cli:

svn co https://squiggly.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/squiggly squiggly

e-mail me directly at squiggly@webbeggar.net, and I'll set you up check in rights…
    Thanks for the offer of help
    - Karim

• SEGALA

SEGALA - 2011-12-29

Hello,

When do you you expect to put your new version of squiggly spell check on line ?
    I feel impatient :-)

Thanks.

Tapiou.

• Karim Sharif

Karim Sharif - 2011-12-29

Tapiou,

My apologies. The project has turned out to be much more than originally anticipated. That coupled with the holidays, has delayed my intentions for a fall release. Fear not though, it's actively being worked on, and I'm making good progress. That said, please be patient with me, I hope the end product doesn't meet, but exceeds your expectations.

• SEGALA

SEGALA - 2012-01-06

Hi Ksharif,

Thank you for your response.
    So I'll be patient :-)

Tapiou.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks