Port to Oracle Database

Help
2003-06-17
2004-01-21
  • Vincent Botteman

Hello,

Can I use SQLUnit to test PL/SQL procedures in a Oracle 9i Database? Or is the port to the Oracle Database not yet complete?

Regards,
    Vincent Botteman

• Sujit Pal

Sujit Pal - 2003-09-17

Hello Vincent,
      As I have mentioned in the docs, SQLUnit uses straight JDBC and therefore should work with any database. So the port really refers to a formal certification rather than anything else. There are SQLUnit users who are currently using it to test PL/SQL procedures on Oracle. So I would say that the informal certification has already happened, and should be ok to use for Oracle.
      BTW, sorry about the delay in the reply. One and a half months is totally inexcusable specially for open source projects. My only defense is that I have not been monitoring this queue as I should have, but I will do so in the future.
      Regards
      Sujit

• Vincent Botteman

Ok,
        I couldn't find any time yet to try it out but I will give it a try.
        Regards,
        Vincent Botteman

• Jim C. Nasby

Jim C. Nasby - 2004-01-19

I've done some work on an oracle port, mostly in making the example stuff work on oracle. It's version 2.8 and isn't complete, but I don't see myself having time to make much progress on it anytime soon. Hopefully it helps someone out...

A tarball can be found at http://decibel.org/~decibel/stuff/sqlunit-2.8-oracle.tar.gz

• Sujit Pal

Sujit Pal - 2004-01-19

Hi Vincent,

There were major bugs with Oracle CURSORs which Andrei Grigoriev was kind enough to work through with SQLUnit 2.9. The bug fixes resulted in version 3.1, which worked with his fairly comprehensive testsuite with Oracle, including CURSORs in outparams. There is probably significant overlap between your code and that one, but you may want to check that one out.

Thank you for your help though. If you have some time, would appreciate it if you could check and see if your testsuite passes with version 3.1, if not, you could probably point me to portions of your code which fixes these bugs? I would be happy to back port these into the main SQLUnit code base from your code.

-sujit

• Vincent Botteman

I will download the new version and perform some testing. But this week I can't reserve time any more. So I hope it will be next week.

Vincent Botteman

• Sujit Pal

Sujit Pal - 2004-01-21

Thanks Vince, also most of the discussion happens on the Open Discussion Forum, so your post will get more visibility there. I have put in a thread that has a pointer to this one here, so if people want, they can download the code you put up on your website.

-sujit

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks