Date: 2006-10-04 10:59:56 -0600 (Wed, 04 Oct 2006)
New Revision: 1983
TODO: make SQLObject unicode-based.
--- SQLObject/docs/TODO.txt 2006-10-04 16:59:26 UTC (rev 1982)
+++ SQLObject/docs/TODO.txt 2006-10-04 16:59:56 UTC (rev 1983)
@@ -6,7 +6,7 @@
``_idName`` with ``_fromDatabase``.
* More databases supported. There has been interest and some work in
- the progress for Oracle. IWBN to have DB2 driver.
+ the progress for Oracle. IWBN to have informix and DB2 drivers.
* Better transaction support -- right now you can use transactions
for the database, but the object isn't transaction-aware, so
@@ -21,10 +21,6 @@
published for editing more directly and easily. (First step: get
Schema-generating method into sqlmeta class)
-* Simple method (in sqlmeta) for serializing a SQLObject instance to a
- dictionary -- both a dead dictionary (copy of values) and a live
- dictionary (setting keys changes the instance).
* Automatic joins in select queries.
* More kinds of joins, and more powerful join results (closer to how
@@ -42,3 +38,7 @@
* A hierarchy of exceptions. SQLObject should translate exceptions from
low-level drivers to a consistent set of high-level exceptions.
+* Made SQLObject unicode-based instead of just unicode-aware. All internal
+ processing should be done with unicode strings, conversion to/from ascii
+ strings should happen for non-unicode DB API drivers.