Menu

Connection to 1 DB on MSQL8.16 shows all databases

Anonymous
2019-06-24
2019-06-25
  • Colin

Colin - 2019-06-24

Not sure if this is still being mainatained or not.

I suspect this an MySQL issue but when I connect to a single DB in mysql 8.0 I can see all the fields in all databases.

When I look at the table definitions on the meta data it shows the table definitions in every database that the table exists in on the MySql Server

When I try to create a query I get the field list from every table of that name in every schema. The schema's are different so a table in one schema might have fields that a table with the same name does not have. I get all the field names from every table.

Can I change this or is it simply a mysql issue as I suspect.

Thanks

• PAscal

PAscal - 2019-06-24

Hello,
    This project is not developped anymore, but it is still supported ...

SQLeo contains a custom "MariaDB connector/J" that permits to see all objects of all MySQL databases in the same "meta data explorer" tree.

It is called "MySQL (MariaDB Jdbc Driver)", is that the one you are using ?

Could you give us more details on how "you try to create a query":
    are you using "auto completion" in command editor
    or are you using "query designer" ?

If you could also provide your SQLeo version ;o)
    Regards
    PAscal

• Colin

Colin - 2019-06-25

Hi PAscal

I am using the Connector J that comes with MySQL.

You can see the picture of the what I see in the explorer. If I scroll down here you see every schema in the DB.

[cid:part1.746A5113.77E59A07@outlook.com]

Here is what I see when I create a query in the visual query builder.
      This is showing the fields from 3 different versions of the disciplines table in 3 different schema's even thou the connection is to only one of the schemas. Selecting the wrong field give error when the select is run.

[cid:part2.64E3249D.AFA93389@outlook.com]

I am not sure if this is a setting in the server...

MySql 8.0.16 Connector / J 8.0 from MySql

SQLeo is version 2019.01.rc1

Cheers,

Colin

On 6/24/2019 5:54 PM, PAscal wrote:

Hello,
      This project is not developped anymore, but it is still supported ...

SQLeo contains a custom "MariaDB connector/J" that permits to see all objects of all MySQL databases in the same "meta data explorer" tree.

It is called "MySQL (MariaDB Jdbc Driver)", is that the one you are using ?

Could you give us more details on how "you try to create a query":
      are you using "auto completion" in command editor
      or are you using "query designer" ?

If you could also provide your SQLeo version ;o)
      Regards
      PAscal

Connection to 1 DB on MSQL8.16 shows all databaseshttps://sourceforge.net/p/sqleo/discussion/general/thread/ec088c64f0/?limit=25#86b3

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/sqleo/discussion/general/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• PAscal

PAscal - 2019-06-25

Hello,

Could you try the embbeded "MySQL (MariaDB Jdbc Driver)" driver, that sould fix your problem ?
        If it doesn't, I'll provide a SQLeo.jar without any custom driver included to come back to a metadata explorer tree per database.

Regards
        PAscal

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel